Former Iphone Users

johnflo88

Reaction score
Thanks for that article. How can you read that and still be doubtful of getting the droid. Its funny because when I first found droidforums.net I was going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted a droid. I have a itouch and love it so I was hoping that verizon would get an iphone. Since then I could care less if the iphone comes or not.
same here, i am from canada and the Droid aka.Milestone will be launched in early 2010.We've pinch and zoom (multi-touch) and gps.I joined this forum in early Dec'09 and been searching and youtube a lot about the Droid.
The things that the Droid can do and my 2 iphones lacking really awes(lol') me.
Like you said the droid owners in this forum are mostly iphones and BBs owners who switched.I don't think they are crazy.Do you?

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Not at all. Most of them liked the iphone or bb but for the most part they like the droid even better. It is kind of hard to discredit a comparrison when the person liked both phones.

altjx

Reaction score
lol yeah. the little features i compared earlier make a big difference in the droid expreience, lol. things are alot easier, much quicker, and looks better :D. iPhoners are like "sigh, getting tired of virtual keyboard, im done with txting for awhile". not gonna happen on a droid, lol.

but yeah, once again. droid has a lot of more features than iPhone, but I think iPhone 4G will probably outperform the droid, which is obvious cause they have enough time. i'm sticking with this droid til my contract runs out in 2 years. i already know there's gonna be a droid killer within that time, but oh well, xD, i'm 100% satisfied. few bug fixes and im good.

windstrings

Reaction score
but yeah, once again. droid has a lot of more features than iPhone, but I think iPhone 4G will probably outperform the droid, which is obvious cause they have enough time. i'm sticking with this droid til my contract runs out in 2 years. i already know there's gonna be a droid killer within that time, but oh well, xD, i'm 100% satisfied. few bug fixes and im good.

Going to 4 G will not improve their spotty 3g coverage.. only make it faster when you do get it.. if you live in town and never venture you may ok.. I live out a ways from the big cities.. I love having my full services everywhere I go.

Thats also a misnomer about wifi in a house... they get marginal coverage so they assume going with a faster connection will fix it!

AT&T has nothing to brag about and its too expensive to conquer the race by putting up more towers to have better coverage.. so going 4G is the only hope for bragging rights to lure customers.

Verizon has always been slow to bring about cutting edge stuff... but they have a reputation for working while the other guys who feel more pressure to compete and take risks with cutting edge technology thats full of bugs have issues.

When the competition gets it all figured out.. then Verizon implements it on all their towers and again, Verizon has better coverage again against the competition.

So once the dust settles, those that went with the competition complain about their spotty service and poor service but say "hey I have the latest flashy gadget"... welcome to the i-phone world!

Bottom line... .without superior signal saturation and coverage, it doesn't matter what the service is, or how fast it is... if it flakes in and out, its worst than the previous generation technology thats steady and reliable because of the network signal saturation.

This story is getting old, yet it happens over and over again.
People believe the flashy commercials and get locked in.

Marketing has little to do with reality.

altjx

Reaction score
i didn't read the whole post you wrote, but i was talking about devices, not the carriers. i dont have a problem with AT&T or verizon's coverage.

windstrings

Reaction score
i didn't read the whole post you wrote, but i was talking about devices, not the carriers. i dont have a problem with AT&T or verizon's coverage.

Oh I know.. but if there is no Enterprise up there when you say "beam me up scotty", you may as well throw away your communicator! :)

boatman2220

Reaction score
All the former IPhone owners should take a look at the Blackberry Outage thread. You'll see another groups perspective on switching to the Droid.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
All right I know there are some new former iphone users that got a droid for Christmas. Let me know what you think. Im already seeing all the people that got droids for Christmas and Im jealous.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
infiniteillusions, so how is the speaker phone? I use mine alot on my env2 and it sucks. Im getting the droid no matter what but the speaker phone being good would really be a plus. Does it crackle at all and can you hear the caller good?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The speakerphone could not be possibly better.

infiniteillusions, so how is the speaker phone? I use mine alot on my env2 and it sucks. Im getting the droid no matter what but the speaker phone being good would really be a plus. Does it crackle at all and can you hear the caller good?

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
my env2 has a terrible speaker phone. Well its not terrible but if it is turned up loud it crackles really bad and when I turn it down I cant hear the other person. Its probably just my phone which I have had a lot of problems with. Also people on the other end complain they cant hear me so I have to hold the phone close to my mouth, which makes the speaker phone pointless. Is the speaker phone on the iphone not good?

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The speaker on the phone is good enough to listen to music on. I frequently use it to talk to people and they don't even know I'm on speaker. Loud and clear.

windstrings

Reaction score
yep, has a speaker screen all the way across the back of the unit "width wise" approx 1/3cm high....

If you cup your hand behind the droid it reflects the sound and improves the acoustics even more..... You'd be surprised.