Former Iphone Users

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Checked out the poll on this site of what phones people are up grading to the droid from and at that time 82 were from the iphone. Just wondering what those users overall impressions are of the droid? Compare the two phones and let me know what you guys like and dont like between the 2 phones. Everyone says that this is better or that is better between both phones but no one knows better than the users that have used both in the every day world for more than one day.

evil_O

Reaction score
Checked out the poll on this site of what phones people are up grading to the droid from and at that time 82 were from the iphone. Just wondering what those users overall impressions are of the droid? Compare the two phones and let me know what you guys like and dont like between the 2 phones. Everyone says that this is better or that is better between both phones but no one knows better than the users that have used both in the every day world for more than one day.

Every day world? Making calls with the iPhone suck A$$ - at least where we are (but overall I think AT&T's GSM network is horrid). We had our iPhones for a little over one year. Great functionality but the phone aspect was just plain horrible. During ownership of the phones we ended up moving. Once in our new home we were not able to make calls...

We would be at the house all day, leave and then get voice mails and texts that had been out in never never land somewhere on the network. Now (with the Droid and Verizon's network) we can sit happily on the couch and make/receive calls and texts.

We really hated getting rid of the iPhones. They were expensive but they integrated wonderfully in our home. We have Macs... and a wireless network. It was seamless. We just could not tolerate paying what we were paying each month and NOT be able to make a flippin' PHONE CALL.

IF we had been in an area with service we would have kept the iPhones. Since we aren't anymore we now have the Droid. To me (not so much the wife) the Droid feels much more robust. As new as this OS is and as much as it can already do, I am convinced the Droid (Android OS) is a better smart phone.

****Did I mention how often phone calls get dropped on AT&T's network???

Jscullin

Reaction score
Overall I'm very happy with the phone. It feels snappier in the OS and the physical hardware has a nice build quality about it. I've pretty much found the equivalent to all the iPhone apps I used minus Sirius.

Only real gripe so far is the virtual keyboard seems overly sensitive and lags if you go too fast (no multi touch). The physical keyboard works well and is nice to have if needed. Battery life is pretty much on par w/the iPhone based on my avg usage.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I came from BB, but my wife has an iPhone as a work phone. She liked my Driod so much she has one now.....

theguy386

Reaction score
Overall I'm very happy with the phone. It feels snappier in the OS and the physical hardware has a nice build quality about it. I've pretty much found the equivalent to all the iPhone apps I used minus Sirius.

Only real gripe so far is the virtual keyboard seems overly sensitive and lags if you go too fast (no multi touch). The physical keyboard works well and is nice to have if needed. Battery life is pretty much on par w/the iPhone based on my avg usage.

I completely agree with that. I have a few youtube videos showing exactly how the lag affects every day typing on the vitual keyboard. But other than that, I love my DROID and dont really plan on going back to the iPhone.

and although Verizon sucks in my house, it is GREAT everywhere else I go (work, gym, driving, etc.)... where as when I had ATT, I had awesome service at home yet everywhere else I went I had dropped calls and crappy 3G sevice

miltk

Reaction score
moto droid....

1...480X854 resolution

2...extra battery and stand alone charger.

END OF STORY, END OF COMPARISON:icon_ banana:

jrl9851

Reaction score
I put my new droid next to my iphone 3gs and the iphone now looks old and boring. I can never look at the iphone the same way anymore lol.

I just love everything about the droid better. There's just no other way to put in. In my opinion, it takes everything the iphone does and does it better. The screen is better, battery is WAY better, speaker is better, call quality is better, android market is better (I don't need 90,000 apps if 90% of them are fart noises and buttons that say "that's what she said"), camera is better, GPS is WAY better, etc.

I just love everything about the droid.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
thanks for the reply's. Man I cant wait to get a droid you guys are making me jealous. It sounds like the droid is just as good and if its not its going to be.

mpenda

Reaction score
The iPhone has a better interface and sync setup for people who don't like to tinker with their phones. The iPhone, even a 3GS was slow and has screen lags where the Droid is quick. The iPhone dumps your apps when you switch out. The iPhone would fail to initiate a call about 40% of the time and I live where the signal is fine!! That was so friggin' annoying. The iPhone is clamped down, so the apps are very restrictive, the Droid is much better for openness. The Droid has a few little issues, but they'll get worked out. If you have Google Voice and use other Google services, the Droid is the only way to fly!!

windstrings

Reaction score
I've never had an I-phone.. but I must say its quite entertaining reading both sides of the story...... almost makes you feel sorry for Apple "a noble company"... too bad they linked up with At&T!

Z-Droid

Reaction score
i for one am very pleased that the iphone is on att. if it was on a good network i'd have bought one. go droid!

M1dnite

Reaction score
Well, I had an Iphone for 2 years... Let me tell you the call quality on the Droid, the speed on the droid and the functionality of the Droid kills the Iphone. I had the Iphone because, it was the best phone on the market although I did not like it. I honestly forgot how good it feels to multitask.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple a noble company? They were turned down by most carriers because they wanted part of the profits from the calling side also. AT&T were the only ones desperate enough to take the deal. Apple is making TONS of money off AT&T and thats why they did the exclusive deal.

Your problems are not so much from AT&T but the behind the scenes deal they made with Apple.

I've never had an I-phone.. but I must say its quite entertaining reading both sides of the story...... almost makes you feel sorry for Apple "a noble company"... too bad they linked up with At&T!

windstrings

Reaction score

Maybe noble was a bad word.... I mean't Apple has warred and held ground against some pretty big giants out there ie" microsoft and are still standing and many people like thier product.

However your right, the behind the scenes deal still stinks with the aura of AT&T's giving poor service, but influential deceptive marketing, combined with something flashy enough to draw the market.

The I-phone was a nice piece in its day... but short circuited by being connected with AT&T.

Years ago, I swore I would never again do business with AT&T... I've "never" had a good experience with them.

When comparing the partnership.... I see Apple has having more nobel attributes..... but thats relative.

Its nice to have a new lease on life in knowing that AT&T /Apple is not the best choice out there now.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Did any of you have the older iphones and have they come a long way? Just think where the droid could be in 6 months after all the bugs have been ironed out.