formatting my memory stick to exfat32??

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm confused with a few things. My gs4 is running android 4.2.2 with VRUAME7 build and I read to root it I have to format my sd card to exFAT. can somebody tell me how to do this or what this means? I have a 32gb model phone and am using my 16gb micro sd card I'm hoping it'll work and would like to root it. Thanks again.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
take the sd out of your phone and put it in a pc via the adapter, copy the contents onto the pc for safe keeping, open the "computer" and right click the sd, choose "format", on the next prompt you will see a box to select "file system", choose whatever they said in the root tutorial, click start and you will be re-formatted in no time.

when you are done rooting and want to put the sd back the way it was, follow the same procedure except choose "fat32" for the file system, when finished replace the files you saved earlier and put the sd back into your phone.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
take the sd out of your phone and put it in a pc via the adapter, copy the contents onto the pc for safe keeping, open the "computer" and right click the sd, choose "format", on the next prompt you will see a box to select "file system", choose whatever they said in the root tutorial, click start and you will be re-formatted in no time.

when you are done rooting and want to put the sd back the way it was, follow the same procedure except choose "fat32" for the file system, when finished replace the files you saved earlier and put the sd back into your phone.
Isnt an adaptor for an sd card a separate accesory?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i actually depends on which one you get, i have bought 5 or so Sandisk, and usually got an adapter with it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i actually depends on which one you get, i have bought 5 or so Sandisk, and usually got an adapter with it.
Every one that I bought came with an SD card adapter. All my PCs have had SD card readers and many newer PCs do, but some don't. I haven't bought a microSD/SD card in years though, bought them when they were still quite expensive:angry:

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Well I just got my hands on an sd card adaptor. I was wondering, could I take out my 16gb stick I have now and format a different card to exfat for the rooting process? Or do I need to be using and exfat formatted stick at all times when using my rooted device? Ill keep u guys up to date on how the process goes. Thanks again.