micro sd card not reading

skatrx01

Reaction score
I got my note 3 and the micro sd card I had from my gs3 it's a Samsung sd hc class 2 32gb. I tried putting it straight in before formatting and it wasn't showing up then I formatted to fat and tried all of those ones and it still isn't showing up. In storage settings it says mount sd card, insert card and I'm pretty certain that it is in there all the way and i have tried the card in other phones and it works fine. Any ideas?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmmm..It could be corrupted...Are you certain it's viewable on other device ...can you put into card reader and have PC read it?

KaChow

Reaction score
You may want to take the card out back it up to your computer, then reinsert the card in the device and have the device wipe and format it in the Note 3. The card should be fixed then transfer everything back over via USB cable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

EmanP223

Reaction score
I was having some strange issues with mine as well. It worked in the Note 3 but would not read in another phone or my desktop saying that it needed to be reformated and then not giving me the ability to do it. Then I'd move it back to the Note and sometimes it would say it was broken or damaged. Since I got it at Costco I returned it for a new one and put it in an older Charge, reformated it there, moved all my music and files onto it and then moved it into the Note. No more problems. I do have that 64GB version shown above from Costco right now for $34, it's a steal.

recDNA

Reaction score
I have the San disk card and reformatted it in phone however index service never shuts off and drains my battery. Force stopping index service works but I have to do it every time I restart phone. Any better cure?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

recDNA

Reaction score
Could be an expensive waste of a step. I have two sd cards that both do this. Is index service on in your phone? You might need gsam to see it.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

mcsoul

Reaction score
I don't think so, I get 3 to 4 days on a charge with normal (lite) use. I'm not rooted or anything.