Force closing

AGuyWithADroid

Reaction score
I have no idea why but this just started happening yesterday but almost everything I use or do on my phone will freeze and have to be force closed and I have no idea on how to stop it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Redline

Reaction score
Same here...phone has been outrageously slow the past few days and i have no idea why. Someone please help.

Redline

Reaction score
No I haven't. I really don't want to go through losing all my data and having to reset everything...I haven't had problems with the phone until after the update to the new Android OS. And even then, I only had problems with texts being force closed due to the phone suggesting words which caused it to freeze up. I disabled them and haven't had problems till this week where it seems EVERYTHING is force closing on me. And the phone is just really slow overall.

That being said it sounds like a factory hard reset is the only option...I'd like to try avoiding it though.

me4droid

Reaction score
If you just got the gingerbread update, go check and see which system you are running. I had my phone set to CDMA but after the update it reverted to GLOBAL which really messed with speed and running of lots of stuff.

Redline

Reaction score
Well, I wound up doing a factory hard reset and just having the important stuff on my SD card before I reset the phone. Then I just popped that back in and reinstalled some apps after doing the reset. But I just looked and I'm using CDMA now. I don't know what it was before I did the hard reset, but the phone is working fine now thank goodness.

I was seriously about to throw it out the window, then run it over with my car countless times. Lol.