Force Close when uninstalling apps

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Here I am with yet another problem in need of assistance..

Whenever I uninstall an application, I get 2 force closes for the same process, in which this process is Package Access Helper. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, it all started when I installed bitdefender, but I don't want to uninstall it and and everything if that's not actually the problem. Does anybody have a fix for this, or does anybody know what's caused this?

gsDroid

Reaction score
it all started when I installed bitdefender
I think you answered your own question. You might check the bitdefender website to see if there is any fix or update. Also, are you stock?, rooted?, custom rom? Have you tried just renaming apps or uninstalling using Titanium backup?

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
There's no way I'm rooted, I'm not going to root until after the warranty, it's just in my morals. People say "You can unroot and they'll never know" but still, you're putting some verizon employee through hell to fix your phone for free when you broke it because you were doing something that voids the warranty in the first place.

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
It's not BitDefender, uninstalled it properly (which still had a force close) and then uninstalled 2 other apps that both force closed when I did. Tried a restart a few minutes ago, and guess what? There was a force close from Package Access Helper as soon as it booted up. If anything it might go away with the update, I just prefer to know how to fix technical problems, and more importantly knouwhy the problem occurs.

gsDroid

Reaction score
While I don't think rooting has anything to do with morals, it's fine that you choose to remain stock. There are tools available to rooted users that might help, such as being able to re-install system apps. Titanium backup has an excellent uninstall tool if the problem persists. Are you on the last OTA update to .902? Have you had any installs go badly and fail to install? Is anything odd in 'Task Manager' in terms of the running apps? Good luck to you. The next update may well fix the issue, but I doubt you will be able to determine why you had the problem.

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I'm on 902, no bad installs, and task manager shows nothing out of the ordinary (unless it could be the program "presets"?). Oh well I guess, it's a minor bug and I hope it will go away with the update. If it doesn't, I'll continue to try to find a solution but it's not that bad of a problem actually.