Folders Won't Open

dogmeatstick2

Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to open a folder on my desktop it won't open. It is happening to the same folder over and over. If I power the phone off and then on again it will open but eventually "locks" itself again. Any one else have this problem or have suggestions?

amberleia

Reaction score
Unfortunately no solution..yet

I don't have a solution to your issue, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm having the same problem with a folder on the home page. I can move it, but I can't open it. I can open other apps, but not this folder. This is extremely annoying because this particular folder holds my direct dial list (speed dial). Hopefully one of the "knowledge Gods" will come to our aid! :)

GREGISROARK

Reaction score
Me too

Yes I have the same problem and it really pisses me off. Worst of all it always seems to happen when I am about to show off my phone to a dedicated iPhone user!

But I noticed that it seems to happen more often when I use a non-motorola charger. More than once a non-motorola charger has given me issues. I purchased a wall charger once that caused my phone to freak out. It kept trying to open folders then close them then open them, etc. It was really odd. But once unplugged everything seemed fine.

I also have a problem where my screen just goes blank and there are no icons on it. The background and drop down folder are still there, but all icons, widgets, folders etc are just gone.

FYI: I run "Lookout" security and "WaveSecure" security. I'm a bit anal about security lol

Ziatzev

Reaction score
I've got the same issue and the only thing i'm running other than some games at the moment is Advanced Task Killer, seems to happen when I get over zealous in killing apps, but sometimes not.

A quicker way I've found ti fix it is to go into the Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running Apps and Force Close the "Home" service/app it at least saves having to restart. But I'm still not sure what is causing it.

:modified path for fix

Last edited:

dutch169

Reaction score
I am having this problem with Astro recently. I was moving alot of pictures to a different folder and thought that was the cause. A few days later and many resets its as slow as sh!t still. I unistalled and reinstalled astro numerous times and still the same problem.

msheppard

Reaction score
Having same problem since froyo update. I don't have anything like "home" running. I also do not have astro.

M@

ndoren

Reaction score
I don't have a solution to your issue, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm having the same problem with a folder on the home page. I can move it, but I can't open it. I can open other apps, but not this folder. This is extremely annoying because this particular folder holds my direct dial list (speed dial). Hopefully one of the "knowledge Gods" will come to our aid! :)

Make sure your phone has plenty of free RAM. Go to
Settings -> SD card & phone storage. Read the "Available space" It's nice to have a good 30-40 Mb free. Less than 30 and some of things you're discussing start to happen. Neall