Folder Question

Motorrad-Carlsbad

Reaction score
How does one get/move an Word Doc. or Exel file to the home desktop (yes i have "Documents To Go full" version installed).

I can access Word docs via the Docs-To-Go, but is there a way to put all of them into a folder on the desktop?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try adding a new folder to one of your screens (long tap, tap folder, tap new and label) When you save a doc see if you can save to that particular folder.

Let me know how you make our.

Mike

OP
M

Motorrad-Carlsbad

Reaction score
I long tapped the home screen and created a new folder. Icons and apps can be moved into it, but I can't see to be able to move files to it.

For example, when I connect/mount to my PC, I can see the Word Doc that I moved to the phone on the Removable Disk / droid, but how do I get that file onto a file that is on the phone desktop?

rjax

Reaction score
Get Astro if you don't have it already. Then long press on your home screen, choose Shortcuts, then choose Astro, then find your file and long press it. It will show up on the home screen and you can move it the folder.

Alternatively, after you long press on the home screen, choose Folder instead of Shortcut, then select the Docs-to-Go option, and it'll put a folder with recently-used Docs on your homescreen.

OP
M

Motorrad-Carlsbad

Reaction score
rjax, i will get Astro right now, but do you know how to move a file from the "Recently-used-Docs" folder to a New Folder on the home screen.

rjax

Reaction score
rjax, i will get Astro right now, but do you know how to move a file from the "Recently-used-Docs" folder to a New Folder on the home screen.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem possible.

But this might end up being the easiest thing to do for you -- when you're making your Astro shortcut, long-press on the "sdcard/documents" folder before even going into the folder and you'll see a shortcut appear on your home screen. Then when you open that shortcut, it will take you that folder in the Astro file manager view where you can open any file from without having to manually update it ever time.