FM radio for the D2!!!!

dumpyloser

Reaction score
do ya'll have headphones plugged in? if not, try that... I don't even know where to start, so any help would be appreciated,like what exactly do I type in to get where the OP said to start entering those commands?

romanrish

Reaction score
It won't start w/out headphones plugged in so yeah I got that. I don't know why its doin that :(

romanrish

Reaction score
It won't start w/out headphones plugged in so yeah I got that. I don't know why its doin that :(

Because the headphone acts as the antenna!

Wow does everyone assume that no one can read? I know the headset is required and acts like an antenna, so please no one post that again. My "I don't know why its doing that" was in reference to my original post of it just getting stuck on "FM radio loading please wait". Oh did I mention I know the headset is required.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Not to detract from you lucky D2 owners, I immediately tried this on my D(1) back when it was released. The library files obviously are a no brainer, as they are moved to the library file. I did get the first radio APK file to install and work, but like others noted my phone spins on the loading services file. I get the radio app where I can see everything but the buttons to search for channels do not work.

Back when the original folks at Alldroid were working on this with one of the other radios, I think their stump was the audio library files. Obviously these are present now. If this is an internal hardware issue, like jumpering something, there is a good chance that someone might sort this out. Interesting.

Craig

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Not to detract from you lucky D2 owners, I immediately tried this on my D(1) back when it was released. The library files obviously are a no brainer, as they are moved to the library file. I did get the first radio APK file to install and work, but like others noted my phone spins on the loading services file. I get the radio app where I can see everything but the buttons to search for channels do not work.

Back when the original folks at Alldroid were working on this with one of the other radios, I think their stump was the audio library files. Obviously these are present now. If this is an internal hardware issue, like jumpering something, there is a good chance that someone might sort this out. Interesting.

Craig

Right on, thanks for the quick reply and in-depth insight. :)

karnovaran

Reaction score
You have to change the permissions for it to work. Here are the full instructions:

Code:
Extract the files and open up the system folder, where you'll have app, bin, 
and lib folders. Copy those 3 folders into your sdk tools folder. Then:

cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is
adb devices
adb remount
adb push app/FMRadio.apk /system/app
adb push app/FMRadioService.apk /system/app
adb push bin/fmradioserver /system/bin
adb push lib/libFMRadio.so /system/lib
adb push lib/libfmradio_jni.so /system/lib
adb push lib/libfmradioplayer.so /system/lib
adb remount
adb shell
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
chmod 0644 /system/lib/libFMRadio.so
chmod 0644 /system/lib/libfmradio_jni.so
chmod 0644 /system/lib/libfmradioplayer.so
chmod 0755 /system/bin/fmradioserver
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
exit

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
no, the fm reciever was not soldered to the headphone jack which provides an antenna, so technically, you could probably do it but get 0 reception. Can anyone please help me with the steps?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my D1. But it's a bit depressing to read things like this, and find out that functions that it is perfectly capable of have been purposely disabled. To me, it makes absolutely NO sense to build a device that is CAPABLE of tuning FM radio, and then cripple it. It's sort of like buying a car with a V8 engine, only to find out that 2 of the cylinders are purposely disabled and it's only running as a V6. Poor anology, but I think it gets the point across.

TAfirehawk

Reaction score
I got my problem solved by copying the files to the /sdcard instead of using "adb remount".

It works great except I am only getting one side of my earphone making sound and the reception is iffy but again that is my earphones I assume.

EDIT: Well I tried 3 different earphones/headphones and they all only play in the right side ear, better than no FM Radio at least.

Last edited:

pulptastic

Reaction score
I moved all the files via root explorer and mounted and chmod'd using terminal emulator, but no dice. It doesn't showup as an installed app anywhere I look. Is there's difference doing this in adb?

snowmobill

Reaction score
FM Radio Sound

I got it istalled just fine with the exception it way louder in the right headphone. Any thoughts?