FM radio for the D2!!!!

jimberg

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just wrote a quick script to install the fmradio app on your phone...

DOFMRadio. Hahahahaha. Couldn't get it to work for Fission, but maybe someone can try this out with their stock Droid 2.

Kimete.com - DarkOnion's House of Pain

worked perfectly on my droid 2 running squiddly's rom. aside from the sound thru the right channel bug. otherwise picks all local stations here. i was impressed.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worked for me with Squidly too. I also though I read there was an AM radio app too somewhere?

xmguy

Reaction score
The phone has no way to process am radio signals. Fm is much eaisier.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The phone has no way to process am radio signals. Fm is much eaisier.

Ok thanks for clarifying. FM is nicer but sure hope it eventually is fixed so it works through both speakers. This will be nice to listen to while motorcycle riding next year.

DRAGONWEEZEL

Reaction score
Awesome

I'm rooting my D2 this week just for this functionality.

Best christmas present I got!

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'm going to use root explorer to do this, what kind of permissions do I need to set?

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'm going to use root explorer to do this, what kind of permissions do I need to set?

Read the forum it tells you

I read this entire thread and don't see where it says what to set the permissions as using root explorer. I tried it once and got hung up on the loading screen, leading me to believe the permissions I chose were wrong. If someone who has it working could navigate to those files and say what the permissions for each is, it would be a great help to the rest of us.

jkcm725

Reaction score

I read this entire thread and don't see where it says what to set the permissions as using root explorer. I tried it once and got hung up on the loading screen, leading me to believe the permissions I chose were wrong. If someone who has it working could navigate to those files and say what the permissions for each is, it would be a great help to the rest of us.

chmod 0644 /system/lib/libFMRadio.so
chmod 0644 /system/lib/libfmradio_jni.so
chmod 0644 /system/lib/libfmradioplayer.so
chmod 0755 /system/bin/fmradioserver

pyro6128

Reaction score

Sorry, but what does this mean in terms of how it would appear in root explorer. Like rw-r--r-- type structure?

jkcm725

Reaction score

Sorry, but what does this mean in terms of how it would appear in root explorer. Like rw-r--r-- type structure?

http://www.4webhelp.net/tutorials/misc/chmod.php

This will tell u how to do chmod, it just like setting up a web servers. It a good thing to know anyways.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

xmguy

Reaction score

Owner . Read write
User . Read
Other . Read.

dwprog

Reaction score
I have read through this whole threadand it seems like it should be simple but I am running into problems.
Do I need to download sdk and adb and java? I also cannot figure out how to remount to rw. I have done everything I could to try and understand. I downloaded java and that sdk tools link and I unzipped this file, moved the folders to the sdk tools folder, tried the commands but when typing the second step in command prompt I get a message saying something like file wasn't found.
Please if anyone could clairify this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.
I had a droid x before the droid2 and I loved the fm radio. I would love to have it back. Thanks

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I have read through this whole threadand it seems like it should be simple but I am running into problems.
Do I need to download sdk and adb and java? I also cannot figure out how to remount to rw. I have done everything I could to try and understand. I downloaded java and that sdk tools link and I unzipped this file, moved the folders to the sdk tools folder, tried the commands but when typing the second step in command prompt I get a message saying something like file wasn't found.
Please if anyone could clairify this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.
I had a droid x before the droid2 and I loved the fm radio. I would love to have it back. Thanks

Are you running the script (or whatever the proper term is)? If you have sdk then just run it and let it do the work for you.

From a D2.