Fluttering lights on buttons

phinzphan74

Reaction score
My just upgraded to the razr maxx. He called me tonight saying the lighted buttons on the bottom have started fluttering off and on. This is the second time this has happened and can't figure out why. Any suggestions on why they're doing that and what can be done to fix it?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums. Three things I can think of to do.

One, press and hold volume down and the power button.. hold them until the device turns off. It will turn back on.. this could help.

Second, download androsensor in the play store. If you look at the phone, the upper left corner has a square that contains two sensors, one of them is the light sensor, the next is the proximity sensor.. androsensor will enable you to see how the light sensor is working... in darker light the reading should obviously go down, as well as the opposite in brighter light. Check and see if this is the case.

3rd, if it continues, go into settings, privacy, and select factory data reset. This isn't a popular option, but it will usually fix any software glitches...

Hope this helps :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
P

phinzphan74

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and tips. I'll try the things you mentioned and I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem... hope this helps. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!