flashlight app?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by thrashtrash, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Getaphixx

Getaphixx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully using it all the time won't burn out my Super Duper Mini LED's...

This is a beast LIGHT!!!!!! :icon_ goofy: (Ironic what he says in the end... I lol'd)

2. 1033

1033 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was poking around at this in the sdk for a few hours yesterday. I was not able to get the light to "torch" in any mode, unless it was during an autofocus or snapshot. So unless there is a way to activate it like a notification led or something I think the camera driver blocks us.

I thought it would stay on during a video recording with the camera app, mine will not. Anyone else having this issue?

3. thrashtrash

thrashtrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so what i deduced from this is that the camera drivers block us from accessing the controllers for the LED flash? if this is the case is there a way to possibly write an app over the camera and have the camera drivers running under the app framework? if that makes any sense?????? feel free to yell at me and correct me if i'm way off, i have never done anything with java or the sdk let alone know how to work eclipse

4. 1033

1033 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im pretty sure the low level driver (not Camera API) controls the LED completely, it decides based on lighting conditions whether or not you need flash, only allowing you to simply override it off. lame :mad:

5. thrashtrash

thrashtrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so, this means there is no possible way to override this and make the light sensor read that the flash is always needed? well lets just hope that once we find root access to the device we can simply remove this driver and write a new controller for the flash. total bummer tho, i want to tak full advantage of the hardware! stupid good development! haha

6. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    #18 J5311, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  7. thrashtrash

thrashtrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW smart guy. If we all didn't know about this this thread wouldn't be here. This thread is in reguards to a flashlight using THE LEDS. Think before you type. This is a standard android app and anyone who has had an android phone for more than a week which most of you here haven't would know about it

8. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    now hold up e-thug. If you read the title it says flashlight app. and there were No flashlight apps (LED or non LED) posted. I thought it would be nice to have something rather than nothing.

Why dont you stop being a prick. Or Make a better Title for your thread

9. thrashtrash

thrashtrash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All I'm saying is read the thread before you post. That's all. In my eyes it was implied. But sorry, this is a device forum not a cock fight. Thanks for the info. Hope it helps someone

10. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did. You made no mention of ANY flashlight app. so those looking for one now has something in the search (if they choose to look)

11. Dark-V

Dark-V Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I didn't see any "Edited" tags on the OP, but if I do see there it did say LED.

Making an app that just increases the brightness an turns the screen white is very basic and well known. The iPhone has had that since the beginning. It's been stated a couple times in the thread about utilizing the LEDs cause they are frickin' bright! I used the single LED flash from my Storm as a flashlight and it was awesome.

Can't wait for the Devs to crack this phone.

12. rfabro

rfabro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it says LED in the OP. Wasn't hard for me to understand, anyway.

Search tags for this page
best droid flashlight app
best flashlight app for droid
best flashlight app for droid razr

droid flashlight

droid flashlight app

droid x flashlight

flashlight app droid

flashlight app for droid

flashlight for droid
how to download flashlight app for my droid