flashing rom error

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
i always get an error message the droid icon with a red triangle and an exclamation mark after beginning the flash process
for example i downloaded bugless beast right from CWR and booted into recovery, i selected it from the sd card but 15 seconds into the whole flashing process it stops and i get the error message. it happens on all of the roms I've tried to use
if anyone knows how to fix this please help

fused2explode

Reaction score
Have you tried reflashing CWR from Rom Manager? Also go to your superuser app, go into preferences, all the way at bottom, update binaries if applicable. After that try a manual flash of the rom you'd like to try. Download rom to sdcard. If you used rom manager, find the zip in the clockwork folder somewhere. Reboot into recovery with RM, wipe cache / data, then mount and storage > format system. Then Advanced menu > wipe dalvik. Then install zip from sdcard, choose the rom you downloaded. Make sure you've made a backup and wait on Rom loading first time.

F2E
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

fused2explode

Reaction score
It sounds like your booting into stock recovery not CWR's recovery. Reflash recovery from Rom Manager.

F2E
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In order to get CWMR to stick, you have to use a file explorer to delete or rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p, then flash the recovery via ROM Manager and it should be there permanently.