Flashing froyo using cw

crownroyal

Reaction score
Best thing i found to do with Clockwork was not to use rom manager for the installation and data wiping at least for me. What i do is load the Rom and Oc'd Kernel where they need to be on the sd card. I than boot into recovery either using Quick boot or rom manager. I wipe data and cache 2 times than flash the rom than kernel.

Upon completion of logging in and syncing i go back to rom manager flash clockwork than sprecovery than back to clockwork. You should be able to get back into recovery. Failure to do that will leave you hanging at the M logo next time u want to go into recovery.

Hope that was of help to anyone im not an expert or anything just never had any problems with either recovery.

Thank you for this!!! Big help!!

blamejake

Reaction score
One thing I saw (somewhere - there are so many threads - lol):

CW = Fresh Install
SP = Update

That is, if you have a Froyo install already setup then using CW you will have to start from scratch; using SP will update the ROM and leave your setup intact.

I normally use CW but for latest leak I used SP (to maintain my setup) and it appears to be working just fine - great, in fact. The apps I use work as advertised.

If there's a way to 'update' rather than doing a complete from-scratch install with CW, I'd love know it.

BTW. thanks PilotCharles for mining the material and putting it in one place.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
PilotCharles helped me out a bunch when I was just getting my feet wet with rooting. Thanks again....
I tried the first version for a while on Sunday but went back to one of my tried and true rom's. I downloaded the latest version but I have yet to put it on my phone. I hate losing my call log and having to rebuild my screens every time a full wipe is needed. I think I will let things settle down some and maybe I will give it a spin next week.