Flash just not working

spillner

Reaction score
I rarely use flash and usually have it turned off to make browsing quicker but I was given an opportunity to rub it into my brothers face (iPhone user) that I have flash. When I turned flash on and tried watching video it was completely useless. Video was so slow and laggy, the sound was the only thing streaming normally. EVERY video states its not optimized for mobile including youtubes native browser. The only video that doesn't lag is video that uses the youtube video player. If I place it to be "on demand" and I click the video it does nothing.

I keep reading about how great flash is and am praying that its just my phone because if its not than flash sucks ass. I have an original droid, any suggestion on how to fix this would be great.

tommyb38

Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, are you using any task killers or anti-virus programs? Secondly, have you tried a battery pull? Thirdly, have you tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling it? There have been at least 3 updates to flash, maybe 4, since it was released. I would check that your version is current, and if not, download the updates. If your version is current, uninstall, and try reinstalling. I have 3 Droid 1's running flash, and all are working great, 1 rooted and 2 stock.

Last edited:
OP
S

spillner

Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, are you using any task killers or anti-virus programs? Secondly, have you tried a battery pull? Thirdly, have you tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling it? There have been at least 3 updates to flash, maybe 4, since it was released. I would check that your version is current, and if not, download the updates. If your version is current, uninstall, and try reinstalling. I have 3 Droid 1's running flash, and all are working great, 1 rooted and 2 stock.

No running anti-virus or task killers. Did the battery pull and reinstall, still pretty much a useless feature. Oh well...