First TV Show You Remember Watching

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly.. On that beat up TV dad didn't want to get rid of it.. We needed 5 friends to move it when he finally said goodbye to it..

Noted 2x~4 beta

Isn't technology amazing? I have a 54 inch plasma now it probably weighs like 20 pounds. I can actually move it without help of strong man. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Isn't technology amazing? I have a 54 inch plasma now it probably weighs like 20 pounds. I can actually move it without help of strong man. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

So true.. My last move my friend & I grabbed one each while carrying them up to the second floor.. They weigh nothing...

Noted 2x~4 beta

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
My first TV show was one of the following... after all this time, they kind of run together in my memory:
1. Sesame Street
2. New Zoo Revue
3. Romper Room

I will add this: I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Back then, child-accessible TV was all about emphasizing good behavior, getting along with others, obeying your parents, all that. Not just the three shows above, but Prime Time programming was all about people getting along despite their differences, we're all the same under the skin, traditional family values, etc.
My point is: I BELIEVED IT. All of it. I still do; by the time I learned that the "real world" behaved differently, it was too late. I was always a little out of step with most, but not all, other folk because I didn't drink, didn't party hard, avoided premarital sex, etc.
I'm not complaining, though. I'm glad I grew up the way I did. I have a good life.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Remember it well :)

[video=youtube;FtD4mn9CeH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtD4mn9CeH4[/video]

I seem to always come down a slide tho..

Oh gees, you had to post that, lol! No wonder we're all crazy :sly:

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
hmm.....mine would be Dinosaurs (watched it with my daddy :D)....and Gumby!!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm.....mine would be Dinosaurs (watched it with my daddy :D)....and Gumby!!!

Oh my. Though not my first show by far, the way dad accidentally blew up the earth and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs and DNN showing the world about to end like it was just another news story was hilarious. I watched it with my oldest son when he was little.
The first show remember, though probably not the first I ever saw, was the news showing excerpts of the Vietnam war, bombing going on from a bomber view and soldiers getting off a helicopter under fire.
Gilligans Island, Gunsmoke, Captain Kangaroo, etc come to mind but my favorite was one called UFO (came out before Star Trek ) and my least favorite was Hee Haw.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And I'm not ashamed to admit I watched Little House on Prairie, Waltons, Chips and Dukes of Hazard ... whew, feels good getting that out.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That goes so far back for me it's hard for me to say what I watched first or second.

I vividly remember lots of Howdy Doody, (with Buffalo Bob and Clara Bell)
Had to watch the Lone Ranger every chance I got too. Also Roy Rogers

I also remember Ed Sullivan because my parents watched it. (also Milton Berle, Uncle Miltie)
One of the original talent shows, Ted Mack and the Original Amateur Hour

Nobody would pay any attention to any of those shows today but back then they were great. '49-'52 was some great TV and I watched a lot of it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And I'm not ashamed to admit I watched Little House on Prairie, Waltons, Chips and Dukes of Hazard ... whew, feels good getting that out.

Oh, remember those too well. Don't forget Lost in Space, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Dragnet, Perry Mason, Monster Movie Matinee? We had some of the best... & some of the worst.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Fritz & Betty Boop (although Fritz was definitely for adults. Betty Boop was too but kids had no idea.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Popye the saylor man was also a good one. That and Penelope pit stop haha don't judge

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mrantisocialguy

Reaction score
First TV Show I Remember Watching

Car 54 Where Are You?, and My Mother The Car, and yes I'm older than dirt.