First smart phone. need help please

Scoreycorey515

Reaction score
Hello guys, this is my first smart phone and I am having some new I issues. I was told to buy an SD card so I did.
When I go to the storage I see the card and it shows me how much space I have available but when I changed the storage place for pictured it says that I have no external storage. I don't know ho to tell what class of SD card I bought nor what class is supported by my phone.
Please help me I don't want to lose my photos.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
It may have to be formatted so the phone can utilize the space on it. I would try that and see what happens.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Try that. Also the phone is said to support up to 32 gig cards (people say they have used 64 gigs but there have been numerous problems with them.) Also stay away from class 10 cards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

Scoreycorey515

Reaction score
OK so I looked at what kind of SD card I gave and it is a class 10, I bought it because it said it was for HD video, should I buy a different one?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'd go with a 32 gig class 4. Its what I is and no issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you look at the random access memory for the cards... Class four really has the best speeds there.. Their not the highest for big blocks of data.. But these devices don't read and write big enough blocks to call for a faster card.. So from day to day use class 4 will give you the best experience

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"