First Samsung Fascinate Custom Rom

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who will be first to release a custom rom for the Samsung Fascinate??

bomber889

Reaction score
i can't. not with bing on there and samsung's ui. i need to remove all of that when i get this phone.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
ill release shadow as soon as i can. ;) but the device just came out and i dont have one. so ill need to find someone who does.

phyziks

Reaction score
just got my fascinate about 2 hours ago! really looking forward to the rooting of the phone as well as some custom roms.

wonsae

Reaction score
Can't wait for custom roms waiting to get this bloatware off and froyo

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

hijackerjack

Reaction score
You know you guys can remove bloatware right..? All you gotta do is rename the .apk's to .apk.bak or whatever you want.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

filthy1

Reaction score
yeah...got my fascinate two days ago and rooted as soon as I got home the other day the bloatware is easily removed with root explorer or astro.:icon_ banana:

caminator

Reaction score
Is there a list of what each file means? I'm new to this but I was able to get my phone rooted. Now, I know which apps I want to remove, but I don't know what files I need to remove (rename) to get rid of them. Is there a master list? Also, what folders do I need to go to to find these files? Thanks.

I should also mention that I have Astro installed...so if someone can point me to the location of this app crap I nwa tot remove, that would be great.