1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

First Droid issue

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by SCCSURF, Dec 21, 2009.

1. SCCSURF

SCCSURF New Member

I had my first issue last night and into today. Last night my phone just shut off and I was unable to restart it until I pulled the battery. The phone battery was about half at the time. And then today I couldn't get any service anywhere. I took the phone to Verizon in the middle of my day and the tech put the phone into airplane mode, pulled the battery, then reinstalled and loaded up in airplane mode. After the phone booted up he switched it back to normal mode and turned off wifi and gps which I already had off. It worked fine, he told me this was a little trick to getting the phone to resend a signal to the towers. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  2. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Hay that droid training is begining to pay off:icon_ banana:
  3. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

THAT is a nice trick. I Use that as my first Issue on this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ons/10236-placeholder-known-issues-fixes.html

Thanks for that
    Tigger