Firefox mobile sucks

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
Insightful review! I especially liked the intriguing questions you asked as well as your completely unbiased thorough review.

Can we recommend this as "Review of the Year"?

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

Tepes

Reaction score
Hmmm, I see your point about that certain function missing from the browser and the speed being something to write about. I'm not sure if I agree with your other point about the picture of the fox driving a scooter, but that's your opinion and I respect that. :) :) :)

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

Kirkfinger

Reaction score
Sooooo, I shouldn't download it?

Sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

athensguy

Reaction score
Firefox on Android

Firefox on Android is very similar to the desktop client, so it is a little hard to use on the phone. I generally use Dolphin Mini as my browser. In some cases, websites that don't work well in Dolphin will work in Firefox, so I keep it around for that purpose.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
My brother loves this on his Dinc. Then again he likes FF.

I tried it on my OG during its beta but it just wasn't liking my OG. Even when it went final it didn't like it.

I'm an Opera man myself. So I like the Opera mobile browser more.

IRSmurf

Reaction score
I've just been using the stock browser on my Bionic. Am I really missing out on a better experience?

I downloaded FireFox (for Android) when out first came out. The app was so slow, I uninstalled it five minutes later.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I've just been using the stock browser on my Bionic. Am I really missing out on a better experience?

I downloaded FireFox (for Android) when out first came out. The app was so slow, I uninstalled it five minutes later.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Depends on how you like your browsing. I used to use dolphin and opera on my OG. On the bionic I just use stock. It's good enough for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Droids

Reaction score
I used Dolphin on the OG Droid for awhile, then went to Xscope for the remaining 2 years. Since trying them both on the Bionic, it's back to Dolphin HD. The poor experience I had with FF on the OG means I'll probably never give it another chance. Doesn't sound like it's improved much if any since then.

OP
D

Derekweb

Reaction score
I have use firefox on my workstation, for many years. On Bionic, the keyboard does not work with firefox. Not at all. Freezes. I installed it to sync bookmarks. Need to sync bookmarks, including the folders. Back to Dolphin.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn't that happy with FF on the Bionic as well. Yeah the sync was nice, but the phone did 2 random restarts, which stopped after FF was uninstalled. I use Dolphin HD myself.