Fire Risk: HP and Compaq Laptops – Worldwide Recall Announced

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
hp-610x336.png

HP has announced a recall for batteries that were supplied with its laptops or sold as replacements between March 2013 and August 2015.

The recall is due to a potential fire risk or burns to users or their property.

The batteries affected include those shipped with HP, Compaq, HP Pavilion, HP Envy, HP ProBook, Compaq Presario and laptops, as well as purchased replacements.

A full list of models affected and a validation program to check to see if you are affected is available here.

The computers can still be used safely if the battery is removed and the device is plugged into a wall socket.

Contact your nearest HP supplier for replacement details.

Source HP

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
HPs consumer lines are horrible. I'm shocked they still sell them. Business class or bust! I'm talking HP Elite book.

R

RETG

hp-610x336.png

HP has announced a recall for batteries that were supplied with its laptops or sold as replacements between March 2013 and August 2015.

The recall is due to a potential fire risk or burns to users or their property.

The batteries affected include those shipped with HP, Compaq, HP Pavilion, HP Envy, HP ProBook, Compaq Presario and laptops, as well as purchased replacements.

A full list of models affected and a validation program to check to see if you are affected is available here.

The computers can still be used safely if the battery is removed and the device is plugged into a wall socket.

Contact your nearest HP supplier for replacement details.

Source HP

HPs consumer lines are horrible. I'm shocked they still sell them. Business class or bust! I'm talking HP Elite book.

Any proof of that statement? Curious since the two I have, one over three years old would show your statement is not correct. Have had NO problems, and just checked and the batteries are not in the recall. And one of these; just a bit over two years old is used daily and sometimes for hours.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Any proof of that statement? Curious since the two I have, one over three years old would show your statement is not correct. Have had NO problems, and just checked and the batteries are not in the recall. And one of these; just a bit over two years old is used daily and sometimes for hours.
All hands on repairs or issues. For years they have just copied Compaqs designs and builds. Lots of motherboard issues and CPUs needing to be reseated with thermal paste. I saw one with almost no thermal paste and it cracked the CPU.

www.laptopmag.com/articles/laptop-brand-ratings

HP Computers