Fios Tv app

jets91090

Reaction score
I did all the instructions on how to set up the mobile number and got the authorization key and everything, it says it's enabled but when I look at my tv it doesn't show anything I hit record on and it doesn't show up under scheduled recordings, it just stays under refresh and doesn't load them.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Having the same problem with mine too, I haven't done much troubleshooting yet though.

Edit: Decided to do a little troubleshooting, and it seems to be working now. Maybe it just takes a little time. It's been about a week and a half since I set it up, so I have no idea when it started working.

DeeMat

Reaction score
Mine has been working fine. I end up using it at least once a week. I do recall I once had to close the app and re-open before it would actually read what was already on my DVR...

s-one

Reaction score
Well I can't figure why nothing loads up from my dvr on to this app. It logs in, does a retrieve of lets say "recorded programs" but after its down nothing lists. My actiontech firewall is set at low just to make sure things can communicate back and forth. Any one have an insight as to what I can do?

Thanks.

DeeMat

Reaction score
My firewall is set to Medium, and I have no issues. I it fair to assume that you already went into your DVR, enabled Mobile Phone access, and got the code you needed to pass to the application on your phone? Have you uninstalled and re-install the application?

s-one

Reaction score
Yea I'm having the same problems as the OP. The code is entered and registered. Logs in and but doesn't retrieve or record anything. Hmmm.... I'll reboot the DVR and reinstall the App too see if that helps. Reporting back later.. Thanks DeeMat for the suggestions.

magdream

Reaction score
mine was working fine and now I have the same issues. was there an app update recently or am I imagining it? that may have caused it. if not, then I'm puzzled. even more so since it worked at one time.

DeeMat

Reaction score
what is your version number? I have 2.0.4 and still have no issues.

magdream

Reaction score
I have 2.0.4 as well. I may try resetting the dvr. the message shows as waiting for authentification, even though I put in the number and made sure that it was correct.

Technoman

Reaction score
For those of you having problems, try to see the status of your DVR and see if you can see the programs recorded and remaining capacity. If you can't see that, then you are not getting to your DVR via the internet at all. Have you tried the PC WEB site? Does it work fine? Mine was working just fine, and then I had to replace a router. Even though I could see the serial numbers and such on FIOS TV CENTRAL on the web, it would not let me program.

One call to tech support (it was a LONG call) did resolve the problem. The new router was not releasing the IP address that gets assigned to the boxes. They remotely reset all of this, and now I am back fully functional.

Not saying this is your problem, but I know it can be a problem.

magdream

Reaction score
I figured there was a problem when I didn't see the programs or capacity like you mentioned. I'll try resetting or calling. I just don't understand why it was working fine and then stopped. I don't remember anything happening or changing. strange.

DeeMat

Reaction score
There is an updated version in the market tonight. 2.0.5. Im downloading to give it a try. I hope it fixes your issues.