Files/ Shared Folders/ Add Server ????

jbarkley

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying share files on a Network drive. On the Droid 2,
I get to the Add Server and select Scan for Server. It then scans and finds UNKNOWN GROUP. I tap that and it brings up 4 IP addresses. I am using a Netgear N600 and have a USB drive installed and can see it from my Windows XP. I believe the IP to be the 192.168.1.1 since when I click the address from within the router setup that is what appears. When I tap that IP on the Droid 2, it tells me server is unreachable. I would like to be able to use this but cannot get any further, even when I try and add it manually. Any ideas, tricks or tips would be appreciated. Be gentle , I am a newbie with smart phones, Thanks

Joe

cynodon

Reaction score
Setting up shared folders on Droid 2 (and windows vista)

I see this post is old, but I wasn't finding the simple solution to my problem on other threads about sharing, so here's what worked for me.

I just finally set-up the sharing between my 32-bit Windows Vista laptop (on home wireless network) and my Droid 2. In order to get the shared folders on my laptop visible, I went to, on my Droid 2, Files> Shared Folders> Add Server> Enter Name or IP. The server name that worked for me was not my IP address, but the "name" of my computer (so "Bill" instead of 192.133.2.0). Then the user name will be that of an administrator account on your comp and the password for that account.

ChuckzDroid

Reaction score
I see this post is old, but I wasn't finding the simple solution to my problem on other threads about sharing, so here's what worked for me.

I just finally set-up the sharing between my 32-bit Windows Vista laptop (on home wireless network) and my Droid 2. In order to get the shared folders on my laptop visible, I went to, on my Droid 2, Files> Shared Folders> Add Server> Enter Name or IP. The server name that worked for me was not my IP address, but the "name" of my computer (so "Bill" instead of 192.133.2.0). Then the user name will be that of an administrator account on your comp and the password for that account.

Didn't work at all for me. NOTHING seems to work. Are you behind a router? Do I need to open a port? this is really weird, because MosoCast worked flawlessly "out of the box" without any set up whatsoever. Bummer!