Fascinate Rooted

CrystalCat

Reaction score
I have a few questions. I just recently rooted my fascinate, with the stock bloated rom. I've deleted most of the bloatware that came with it. I am running EB01 and I was wondering if there were any other kernals availible besides Voodoo? I tried Voodoo and it did not make any difference to my phone. I was also wondering what the difference was between the stock rom and something like the Superclean rom? I'm running the stock recovery, I think its 2e or something. I can access CWM using the update.zip method. What are my options right now?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions. I just recently rooted my fascinate, with the stock bloated rom. I've deleted most of the bloatware that came with it. I am running EB01 and I was wondering if there were any other kernals availible besides Voodoo? I tried Voodoo and it did not make any difference to my phone. I was also wondering what the difference was between the stock rom and something like the Superclean rom? I'm running the stock recovery, I think its 2e or something. I can access CWM using the update.zip method. What are my options right now?
As far as kernels go, no, besides Voodoo and the stock kernel there is nothing else you can do right now

Stock bloated is just that: stock, all bloatware intacted, slow, odexed and unable to be themed
SuperClean is: deodexed and therefore able to be themed, bloatware removed, TouchWiz removed(aside from a couple apps/widgets), very quick in comparison obviously.....I def suggest you try it out

tkirven1

Reaction score
Rooting a Facinate

Is there anyone out there that can help me root my phone? I've read several threads and I'm so confused! I've downloaded stuff I have no idea what it is. I wish I knew someone that could just do it for me but I don't. I have a Windows Vista and some of the threads are for Windows 7. Please HELP!!!

JeffWNC1

Reaction score
As far as kernels go, no, besides Voodoo and the stock kernel there is nothing else you can do right now

Stock bloated is just that: stock, all bloatware intacted, slow, odexed and unable to be themed
SuperClean is: deodexed and therefore able to be themed, bloatware removed, TouchWiz removed(aside from a couple apps/widgets), very quick in comparison obviously.....I def suggest you try it out

Thanks TAPOUT for helping me root my fascinate last night. I have a couple of whats next questions.

1: Superclean 2.4 is a "rom", not a mod, right? Is that the same as a kernel?

2: I have seen CyanogenMod referred to as both mod and rom. I don't want to replace Superclean because everything is going so well. Any suggestions for cool modifications and staying in superclean?

3: After rooting, I still have not flashed the update.zip fil. Should I have? Or is that only if I need to revover using clockwork?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks TAPOUT for helping me root my fascinate last night. I have a couple of whats next questions.

2: I have seen CyanogenMod referred to as both mod and rom. I don't want to replace Superclean because everything is going so well. Any suggestions for cool modifications and staying in superclean?

3: After rooting, I still have not flashed the update.zip fil. Should I have? Or is that only if I need to revover using clockwork?

1. Yes
2. I suggest theming the Rom....Transparent Myst v8 is the way to go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...st-v8-many-many-things-added.html#post1320178 or
[Theme][EB01][DL30]Transparent-Myst v8 (clock options and many many things added) - xda-developers
3. Thats there as a failsafe in case you happen to boot into the blue Samsung recovery so you can just apply update.zip to get to the red custom CWM recovery

Last edited:

JeffWNC1

Reaction score

1. Yes
2. I suggest theming the Rom....Transparent Myst v8 is the way to go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...st-v8-many-many-things-added.html#post1320178 or
[Theme][EB01][DL30]Transparent-Myst v8 (clock options and many many things added) - xda-developers
3. Thats there as a failsafe in case you happen to boot into the blue Samsung recovery so you can just apply update.zip to get to the red custom CWM recovery

I downloaded Trans-Myst, how do I install?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

1. Yes

take it outta the download folder on your sd card and move it to the root menu of the card
reboot into red clockwork mod recovery
wipe cache partition
in advanced wipe dalvik cache
then install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
fins trans myst file and click yes to install
when done reboot and wait for it to reboot(could take a min so be patient)

JeffWNC1

Reaction score
1. Yes

take it outta the download folder on your sd card and move it to the root menu of the card
wipe cache partition
choose zip from sd card
Thanks. Have been playing around with ROM Manager Premium and was wondering if I could also use it to install Trans Myst via the "install from SD card" option. If so, would it still need to be moved to root folder first, Or could it stay in DL folder?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

wipe cache partition
choose zip from sd card
Thanks. Have been playing around with ROM Manager Premium and was wondering if I could also use it to install Trans Myst via the "install from SD card" option. If so, would it still need to be moved to root folder first, Or could it stay in DL folder?

Rom Manager doesnt work properly with this red recovery and Froyo...I wouldnt...just get used to doing it manually lol Rom Manager is for the lazy anyway