Facebook

Technoman

Reaction score
Why wont my facebook pictures sync? They dont update like they use to. How do i fix this?

All 1300+ of mine show up just fine. What are you using (phone stock Facebook interface or the one from the market)? What OS do you have (2.1 or 2.2)?

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
Why wont my facebook pictures sync? They dont update like they use to. How do i fix this?

All 1300+ of mine show up just fine. What are you using (phone stock Facebook interface or the one from the market)? What OS do you have (2.1 or 2.2)?

they show up, but what i am saying is when they change there picture it does'nt change on my phone . Example : My phone contacts change, but if I send them a text the old picture still shows up there

Technoman

Reaction score

they show up, but what i am saying is when they change there picture it does'nt change on my phone . Example : My phone contacts change, but if I send them a text the old picture still shows up there

Do your contacts show "linked"? Mine seem to be updating from what I can tell.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

yeah it says linked to unknown

Technoman

Reaction score

Remove the links and see if that resolves the issue. It will not happen instantly. I would give it a good 24 hrs to see if it updates.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

Technoman

Reaction score

Remove the links and see if that resolves the issue. It will not happen instantly. I would give it a good 24 hrs to see if it updates.

Should i remove the account overnight , and then redo in morning

You could do that, but if you can just remove the "link" by going to that contact, pressing the setting button, and selecting "unlink contact".

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

Should i remove the account overnight , and then redo in morning

You could do that, but if you can just remove the "link" by going to that contact, pressing the setting button, and selecting "unlink contact".

yeah that may be easier to do it that way ! removing the account . But hmmmmmmmmmmm what if that dont work

Technoman

Reaction score
Then you may have to remove the account from your setup.

Did you set up Facebook from the "Social Networking" APP on your phone, or under the "My Accounts" link?

It works much smoother if you leave that alone and download the standalone Facebook APP from the market and set everything up on there.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

Did you set up Facebook from the "Social Networking" APP on your phone, or under the "My Accounts" link?

It works much smoother if you leave that alone and download the standalone Facebook APP from the market and set everything up on there.

I use both the app from market as well as the social network on the phone

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Ummm, I think you answered your own question right there...

Go back to the contacts that are showing "linked to unknown" and re-link them to the corresponding Facebook/Contacts...that should fix the issue you are having.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

Oh , but what is the difference in the two? or are you saying don't mess with either one and just download facebook for android from the market?

I also deleted everything that pertained to facebook last night from my device , and the contact pictures are still showing up

Last edited:

Takarin

Reaction score

Techoman - I owe you a beer. THIS is the answer I've been looking for! Finally!! I removed the FB account from "Social Networking" and jsut use the FB app. Now, all pictures are updated. Thank you.

Apparently, The "Social Networking" app takes precedence over all photos. Unfortunately, it doesn't update them, of is in conflict with the FB app.