Facebook won't let me post please help!

bigdog2652

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with Facebook not letting you post a status?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Try clearing the apps cache/data.

Open Settings->Apps->All and scroll down to Facebook and clear data/cache. Then re-open app.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If clearing the cache/data doesn't work it could just be facebook, the app has been know to be troublesome.

OP
bigdog2652

bigdog2652

Reaction score
Tried clearing the data and its a no go. It will let me post links just no status. This sucks wish they would get it together.

sageritz

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem as you and I also own a Galaxy Nexus. I believe it's probably something to do with Android 4.0 (yes that seems obvious) =/.

I have tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, uninstalling, everything that is possible to remove all Facebook files and then reinstalling and it is still a no go, I'm sorry that I don't have a solution for you.

My question is: Is there anyone else on this forum running a stock ICS on an alternative phone who can give us an answer as to whether or not facebook will allow posts from the android app? If so we can determine if it is the phone or the application...not a solution but at least one step closer.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I'm running stock nexus and posting is fine on Facebook. Including status.

VanillaFace

Reaction score
I have the same problem so I just use Facebook through the internet on my Nexus. Everything works fine on the internet site, it's the same layout too.

kgregg

Reaction score
having same problem on stock G-Nex. FB app worked fine since I got phone in mid December. About Jan 20, the app won't post FB updates. I now use browser on phone. No fixes proposed in this thread have helped.

I have the same problem so I just use Facebook through the internet on my Nexus. Everything works fine on the internet site, it's the same layout too.