Posting to facebook - Status/check-in/Pictures

sgal

Reaction score
Hello, I imagine this may be an application issue, but I have not come across anyone having this same issue so perhaps it is a phone issue. Either way I hope someone may have a solution. Since receiving my gnex, I have not been able to post pictures from my phone to facebook, post status updates to facebook, or check-in on facebook. I have uninstalled and re-installed facebook many times. I have noticed that if I clear my facebook cache it sometimes allows me to post a status update but most of the time it does not. I always receive the following error "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped."

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If you are using the official Facebook app then that is most likely the problem. Last I remember seeing they had not updated it to work properly with ICS. You may want to give an app like Friendcaster a try, it is not bad and works pretty well with ICS.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I have no issues with the Official Facebook app myself. In fact, it runs extremely smoothly on my Nexus. I have an iPod touch, and if you could believe it, my Nexus gets Push notifications sooner than my iPod more often than not. I am, however, running AOKP, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Sometimes Facebook goes through spots where it goes down though. Maybe wait it out a few hours and try it again?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It actually does make a difference that you are rooted and running AOKP. Most ROM devs have "fixed" it so that you can set up your account and use the full functionality of the Facebook for Android app. Running stock is when the issues will be present.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Okay, I kinda figured that. I knew they fixed it for the syncing, but I wasn't sure if that improved the overall performance as well. Everyone should just root, ha ha ha. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums