Facebook widget: lag/batt. loss?

Gags1892

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just got a Fascinate -- switched from the D2. Glad!!

Anyway, I'm running ProLauncher, and I want to add a Facebook widget to my homescreen.

My question is: does this contribute to lag/loss of battery power?

Anyone personally use this? Please give me some insight.

Thanks in advance! :blackdroid:

dricacho

Reaction score
I personally have never had any luck with Facebook apps. The one for our phone is lacking in ways functionally. I have LauncherPro Plus and I use the Facebook widget for looks. It's like a front face/skin for Facebook. If you want to go into one of the statuses, it takes you to either the Facebook app (if you have it installed) or the mobile site. I find that going to the full site is best, it works just as its intended for. Since our phones have speedy web browsers, going to the full site is not an issue at all for me. So that's what I use and I'm content with it. And to answer your question, it's never made my phone lag. As for battery useage, the Facebook app will not kill the battery quickly. But whatever services are running on your phone will affect battery life. Facebook has an app called PLACES. It uses your GPS location therefore, GPS service has to be on and this is a battery hog!

Last edited:

Discover

Reaction score
Ive tried the facebook widget, because for some reason no matter how i have my facebook setup i can never get notifications, my girlfriends Mytouch gets notifications but my Droid nor Fascinate have ever..

the widget to me seems like it takes your news feed and displays it. so sort of a visual representation of whats going on in facebook without having to open the app..

i never noticed batt life suffer when i had this widget enabled. :)

OP
Gags1892

Gags1892

Reaction score
I've actually had an issue with the LP+ Facebook widget. It DOESN'T LOAD!

It says "Update currently in progress" and just sits forever. I deleted it. I'm currently using the FB app, but the stock FB widget looks promising for me to try out...

Any other social apps that integrate fb?

uidb5259

Reaction score
FB and launcher pro work ok on Fascinate

I have the FB app using Launcher Pro and it has worked good. I still get about 1.5 days out the batteries but I use it pretty extensively right now, being a new toy and all. It does send you right to the FB app but that is what I like about it.