Facebook Update

backlash

Reaction score
Load it, like it, or not, you can uninstall ...
If you update from the market...............then you decide you don't like it and uninstall...................is the one that came stock on the phone still there?

Takami826 said:
Is anyone familiar enough with the installed FB app or another one that allows you to customize who you see in the news feed? I was able to do it for my crackberry, I can do it at home but haven't figured it out on the droid yet (hey I'm still a n00b) :icon_eek:
I have not found a way through the app to do this, or even the browser on the phone.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
In addition one would think that you would get a update available message, even if it were installed by default ... Maybe facebook didnt include something in its upload to the marketplace for that, when google Maps released an update, all of us knew it and it began as a default app on the Droid ...

I agree.

One update ( really more of a fix, I guess ) that I have noticed is that any new friends I had added, were not showing up in the app before (just the initial list of people when I first added the account). Now, they do immediately.

Another fix that I hope was made (haven't really needed to try it out yet) is to the 'Take Photo' feature in the app. I tried this out for the first time a couple weeks ago and the picture shows up on Facebook ridiculously small, especially for a 5 MP camera.

jkayner

Reaction score
so are photos supposed to open inside the app now? cause mine still ports me over to m.facebook.com to see the picture.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
My photos seem to open inside the app now. Still can only see friends' photo albums and not "photos of friend". Hopefully they will add that soon. Till then will stick to touch.facebook.com.

Silver Member
Reaction score
how come the native facebook app requires you to search for it, but when google maps was updated, it showed as an updated app??

vdubbin

Reaction score
I tried to download and install the FB app... I got a message "Installation error"
"package file was not signed correctly"

why is this ? sorry if its a Newb question
just trying to update the FB software, thought it would be as easy as downloading the FB app

thoughts ?

Silver Member
Reaction score
worked fine for me. try it again.

vdubbin

Reaction score
i did like 3 or 4 times... even pulled the battery and restarted same thing
I had to go to the Verizon store to get the android 2.0.1 installed also if that helps any

Silver Member
Reaction score
have you done a factory reset at all?

msu

Reaction score
how come the native facebook app requires you to search for it, but when google maps was updated, it showed as an updated app??

Yeah no kidding! Why wouldn't the market tell you it is a update?? Well I searched for it and updated it and now to try it out.

vdubbin

Reaction score
have you done a factory reset at all?

Only thing I did was took my phone to the Verizon store to get the android software version updated, Idk what they did but I keep getting the same installation error.

Silver Member
Reaction score
try a factory reset and then try to update facebook.

czahrt

Reaction score
I get the "Package File was not signed correctly" error also and I did do a factory reset (different issue...). I had VZW do the 2.01 update too.

Everything else installs fine.