Facebook no sync option...

powerwagon

Reaction score
As title states...using Purity latest and I have no option to sync contacts with facebook. Is there a known workaround?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
Facebook sync

Google and FB both removed this feature- google it and its all over, custom roms often re include it, my moto blur does it but you cant select any features like sync all etc...
https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.senab.blueNotifyFree&hl=en friendcaster app will let you sync also- it has not been removed from the market ......... yet ;-)
yeah its a facebook replacement app,, but on my blurry th3ory bionic I have to choose facebook or friendcaster as my facbook app in the messaging apps section (I.E. I had to not be using the one to use the other).
if your logged into Google that link should have the option to install from the web directly to your android device, if you have multiple you can select the one you want, click install and your phone will get it automatically, regardless of the 'My apps' issue.

Motoblur has its own facebook sync feature. Thus, the Facebook app itself proves useless and is removed.

However, if you are running a ROM (I am running Liberty ROM on my Bionic), since Motoblur has been removed, you can download the Facebook app and you will see the sync options returned.

Built in sync works great if you are running any blurry rom or a rom that has aspects of blur available such as liberty does, running the "purity" rom which is pure open source i.e. not blur does not have the blur sync integration. thus the friendcaster app solution. Once you get used to it , it really is a pretty decent replacement to the normal facebook app. Another solution is to find an older version of facebook prior to google forcing sync to be removed.. This really is a google control issue. Just as the market issues are. They come out open source etc.. but inside are not to far from apple in the desire to have the final word on what is allowed and not..

OP
powerwagon

powerwagon

Reaction score
Google and FB both removed this feature- google it and its all over, custom roms often re include it, my moto blur does it but you cant select any features like sync all etc...
https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.co.senab.blueNotifyFree&hl=en friendcaster app will let you sync also- it has not been removed from the market ......... yet ;-)
yeah its a facebook replacement app,, but on my blurry th3ory bionic I have to choose facebook or friendcaster as my facbook app in the messaging apps section (I.E. I had to not be using the one to use the other).
if your logged into Google that link should have the option to install from the web directly to your android device, if you have multiple you can select the one you want, click install and your phone will get it automatically, regardless of the 'My apps' issue.

Very much appreciated my friend...friendcaster worked like a charm!

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Motoblur has its own facebook sync feature. Thus, the Facebook app itself proves useless and is removed.

However, if you are running a ROM (I am running Liberty ROM on my Bionic), since Motoblur has been removed, you can download the Facebook app and you will see the sync options returned.

OP
powerwagon

powerwagon

Reaction score

This doesn't work...no option to sync from the market version. Friendcaster worked fine though.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Is it me or does Friendcaster's high resolution contact sync not sync high resolution at all?

debrad0307

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party.. I was able to sync ALL of my Facebook contacts. Go into settings>accounts>add account. Once you add the Facebook account the syncing options will pop up.

kamisan

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party.. I was able to sync ALL of my Facebook contacts. Go into settings>accounts>add account. Once you add the Facebook account the syncing options will pop up.

that works if you have that portion of blur on your rom. blurrless systems that doesn't work. facebook apk. had to remove sync feature. so ur left with blur method or friendcaster. either will sync.

barrmy

Reaction score
On ics4bionic i use haxsync which is great and does real hi res

jcwilliams

Reaction score
i did a google search and found this thread...i use to be able to sync facebook contacts and log into my zynga games using facebook but now i cant. there isnt even an option to sync under facebook settings anymore. any suggestions?
thanks