Can't sync facebook contacts

tbaker818

Reaction score
Facebook is not an option for adding accounts through the contacts menu on my phone and I'm not getting my Facebook contacts or pictures for contacts that are from both Facebook and Gmail. There is a Facebook sync account in the phone's general settings menu, but it only seems to sync with my calendar. How can I get this option?

GVLBob

Reaction score
If you go to settings > Accounts > Facebook, is "Sync Contacts" checked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
T

tbaker818

Reaction score
If you go to settings > Accounts > Facebook, is "Sync Contacts" checked?

There's a sync apps with Facebook option in accounts and then a sync all button which I hit, but it had no effect on my contacts. There are two options for sync intervals, calendar and gallery. I'm not sure what gallery refers to. Only Linked in appears to have sync'd with my contacts.

GVLBob

Reaction score
There's a sync apps with Facebook option in accounts and then a sync all button which I hit, but it had no effect on my contacts. There are two options for sync intervals, calendar and gallery. I'm not sure what gallery refers to. Only Linked in appears to have sync'd with my contacts.

Who is your carrier? I'm on Verizon and your description of your Accounts settings sounds different than what I see.

In your Facebook account under Settings, is your account information entered?

OP
T

tbaker818

Reaction score
FaceBook Contacts Sync Solved

Who is your carrier? I'm on Verizon and your description of your Accounts settings sounds different than what I see.

In your Facebook account under Settings, is your account information entered?

I'm also on Verizon. It's like the video here Samsung Galaxy S4 Account Setup - Facebook® Video - Verizon Wireless describes. They've only given me the options of calendar and gallery sync.

I downloaded the FB app though, and it sync'd with my contacts.

Anomander

Reaction score
I downloaded uberSync for Facebook and use that for Handcent (texting app) which displays their facebook picture next to their name. I also have my S4 synced with Facebook. I know it is probably overkill, but you may want to try UberSync and see if that helps.

letsroc1

Reaction score
Go on to your facebook page on your phone. And then go to your menu for facebook. Then go to settings on the very bottom other settings there is a Sync Contacts click on that and it will pop up to Contacts Sync. That is how I did.

Scott0719

Reaction score
I am having this problem too. I have the Moto X on 4.4. When I go into the facebook app there is nothing that says sync contacts. When I go into the account under the phone settings Facebook is there but nothing to sync. When I go into the people app and select the menu it asks for contacts to display and all I get is options for google accounts. Was anyone able to figure out how to do this? I'm guessing it's a 4.4/Motorola thing.

Edit: I didn't realize this was in the Galaxy S4 section. I just did a search and this thread came up. I can post it elseware too if necessary.

Anomander

Reaction score
Well I gave up on Handcent sometime back and switched over to GO SMS Pro and that has no problems viewing the facebook contacts. I liked the app so much so that I ended up buying the full version for $19.99. I figure since I text way more then anything else it was money well spent. There is a cheaper version you can buy to that will give you everything but the Themes I believe. I like having the themes so I sprung for the bigger priced one.

Scott0719

Reaction score
I'm not really interested in buying anything. All I wasn't is to have some peoples pictures show up in the contact. I can do that myself. I was going for a solution that didn't involve another app. I'll keep looking around.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Anomander

Reaction score
I'm not really interested in buying anything. All I wasn't is to have some peoples pictures show up in the contact. I can do that myself. I was going for a solution that didn't involve another app. I'll keep looking around.

They have a free version of that App as well that worked just as well. I figured since I used the hell out of it I would give the developers my money.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Thank you. I use hangouts as my text app though so this wouldn't work for me then would it?