External Antenna?

tennvol

Reaction score
Noticed a rubber plug today on the back of the Pro under the battery cover. Lifted it up and it appeared to be a external antenna jack. Is this correct?

If the Pro had the ability to accept a external antenna it would help me a great deal since I often times travel to the fringes of VZW's coverage and need cell phone service in a bad way.

darthmuffin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the GN can use an external antenna?

I do a lot of camping where there's barely any cell signal, and I'd be interested in finding an external antenna (especially a directional one) primarily to get reliable 3G for tethering.

Thanks!

captdroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the GN can use an external antenna?

I do a lot of camping where there's barely any cell signal, and I'd be interested in finding an external antenna (especially a directional one) primarily to get reliable 3G for tethering.

Thanks!

Soon to be available: 4G LTE Signal Booster Amplifies Cell Phone Signal by 20X

[url]http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120110005522/en/Wilson-Electronics-Introduces-World%E2%80%99s-4G-Mobile-Cell

[/URL]

darthmuffin

Reaction score
Thanks, could be useful if/when it is released!

Also, I think I found the answer myself. Found teardown pics at techrepublic and it's pretty clear that there's no external antenna port. You can see where the internal antenna is, and follow it back to where it connects to the system board.

kdm3170

Reaction score
Has anyone out there actually used an external antenna with the incredible and has it worked? HTC claims the 1 connector under the round plug below the battery is for an external GPS antenna, but I've seen some people say they've hooked up an external cellphone antenna to it and "seemed" to have had an increase in reception. So just hoping someone out there has a definite answer to this.