extended battery

skunis1

Reaction score
I just had an online chat with a Seidio representative about the extended battery that is coming soon. They couldn't tell me an exact date but are hoping to have it out by Christmas. All good information.

He didn't have information regarding the capacity but I have read it is going to be 1750mah.

OP
S

skunis1

Reaction score
Would the one for the Hero work with the Eris?

I think it works but I remember reading somewhere that the battery cover does not fully click to close. If you use a silicone case for the phone it will hide this. Shouldn't be long until the one made specifically for the Eris comes out though.

lowtech

Reaction score

I think it works but I remember reading somewhere that the battery cover does not fully click to close. If you use a silicone case for the phone it will hide this. Shouldn't be long until the one made specifically for the Eris comes out though.

I'll wait - they cost too much to play with one that doesn't fit correctly...

Eric

Reaction score
With my use, my battery life is pretty good, but I'd still be interested in even better. So this battery will fit in our phone w/ the stock cover, I take it? That's good, because I wouldn't want to have the overall pkg get thicker. Size was one of the reasons I chose the HTC Eris over other options. Did he say if they were using a different chemistry in this new battery? Is that how they are getting a higher energy density? Did he mention a projected price? Thanks!

lowtech

Reaction score
With my use, my battery life is pretty good, but I'd still be interested in even better. So this battery will fit in our phone w/ the stock cover, I take it? That's good, because I wouldn't want to have the overall pkg get thicker. Size was one of the reasons I chose the HTC Eris over other options. Did he say if they were using a different chemistry in this new battery? Is that how they are getting a higher energy density? Did he mention a projected price? Thanks!

Having come from a chunky Treo :palm: I think I would be OK with adding a tiny bit of thickness to my Eris for better battery life... but it would be best if it just fits in the present case...

OP
S

skunis1

Reaction score

He did not mention anything about chemistry or price but I am guessing that the battery will cost around $50 since that is what the going rate is for some of their other extended slim batteries.

joex190

Reaction score

Having come from a chunky Treo :palm: I think I would be OK with adding a tiny bit of thickness to my Eris for better battery life... but it would be best if it just fits in the present case...
Got to love the TREO though......That beast still turns on like new!

lowtech

Reaction score

Got to love the TREO though......That beast still turns on like new!

I miss the Treo for its great signal strength and some terrific apps - but I love the Eris for its design, Google sync and the exciting future of Android!

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I wonder what I am doing to get such great battery life. I am now averaging 19 hours of battery life out of my moto droid. I have 2 email accounts syncing upwards of 150 emails total a day, plus about 1-200 texts per day, some gps usage, several "running" widgets that pull data from the phone and web and about 30 or so odd minutes of voice usage, plus some mp3 usage. At first it was crappy, but right now it has been off charger for 7 h 15m and it still has 65% of battery life left. "battery left" calibrated to 60% indicates that my phone has 12 hours of battery life left and that would fall into line with my previous days.

steelydan

Reaction score
That just it, as time and usage increases the battery will get better to a point. AS with many li-on or li-po batterys the inital charge cycles are erratic and sometimes inconsistant. Patience and cycling the battery will make "run time" better to a point.

crazy650

Reaction score
i deff dont mind going with it a lil bit bigger eather i had a treo 700p so going just lil bigger no big deal it does so much i could not ask much more in a phone at all

chemikalguy

Reaction score
I just got one of these on Sunday, and I'm getting 4 1/2 hours of battery life. I have gone through and disabled everything, but it's still a dud. I emailed Verizon to ask them about it. We'll see what they say.

Scott

Lefty

Reaction score
I just got one of these on Sunday, and I'm getting 4 1/2 hours of battery life. I have gone through and disabled everything, but it's still a dud. I emailed Verizon to ask them about it. We'll see what they say.

Scott

If you want to extend your battery life. Heres what you do. Turn off your blue tooth, wifi, and mobel. Unless you need to use it for that moment. Also get automatic Task Killer (check all you apps in it) except one's you like to run when your phone is in sleep mode like music. Those battery saver apps dont do much. I messed around with them I saw no difference in it. Its all the extras you run that kill your battery. Just use your wifi and mobe etc.. when you need it. I did this and my battery lasts all day easy. On the stock oem battery.