Extended battery

ndeer44

Reaction score
Will Verizon sell an extended battery for the gnexus? If not ill be sticking with my rezound. I need to get through the whole day with use and I don't care about extra size

Reaction score
What about the NFC tech in the battery? will that have anything to do with anything?

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
What about the NFC tech in the battery? will that have anything to do with anything?

Kinda worried about this too. Samsung was able to upgrade the battery size pretty quickly, without incident... so I'm gonna take a guess the tech is available to third-party manufacturers as well.

If anything, the extended battery will be more expensive than the average one because of the NFC tech.

OP
N

ndeer44

Reaction score
I could care less about NFC stuff right now. Just want to stop worrying about my phone dying

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Galaxy Nexus Comes With Extra 2000mAh Extended Battery and Cover in South Korea

Galaxy Nexus Comes With Extra 2000mAh Extended Battery and Cover in South Korea

Well, this is interesting. Looks like Samsung is showing some home court love to their homeland of South Korea with the addition of a bonus battery pack found bundled inside their version of the Galaxy Nexus The higher capacity 2000mAh battery comes along with the standard 1750mAh, giving Koreans the option of a slightly thicker or thinner device. Also included, is an extra battery cover, most likely to compensate for the extra junk in the trunk, with a darker contrast.

In the comparison picture with the Galaxy S II below, you can see the device gets a little thicker around the bottom, while still staying slim on top. I like this option of a little more battery life with a little more thickness than those bulky 3500mAh 9volt batteries you can find around the interwebs.

The topic of battery life and Android always seem to go hand-in-hand and with the Galaxy Nexus, it’s no different. We’ve been getting reports of fairly good life (around 11 hours) but as you know, we could always use a little bit more. Still, I find it a bit unfair that we have to suffer with the single 1750mAh battery, although I’m sure the higher capacity battery pack will be available at retailers and via Samsung’s official site around the time of the US Galaxy Nexus release.
[Naver via Reddit]

Source

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Tired of seeing this released everywhere but here....

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Quick extended battery dumb question i If I get the extended battery it comes with a new cover - I understand that. BUT does that mean I need to travel with two covers - one for each battery type? Or will the original battery play nice with the extended cover? (My thought was to use the extended always and bring along the original as an emergency replacement if I ran out of juice with no charging options).

Raptor007

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes, I mean sure the std battery will fit inside but the extd battery plate would not hold it in place if for some reason it moved. I would just test fit it and decide from there.

GoBears

Reaction score
Quick extended battery dumb question i If I get the extended battery it comes with a new cover - I understand that. BUT does that mean I need to travel with two covers - one for each battery type? Or will the original battery play nice with the extended cover? (My thought was to use the extended always and bring along the original as an emergency replacement if I ran out of juice with no charging options).

Just put a piece of sticky foam on the standard battery and that will hold it in place with the extended cover. I did that on my DX and it works perfect. Never had a problem.

wickedkae

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the extended battery will still fit in the docks?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Video: Verizon’s Galaxy Nexus Poses With Extended Battery Inside

nexus-extended3-497x650.jpg
The Galaxy Nexus extended battery is no secret. At 2100mAh, it’s not going to extend your life like the 2750mAh beasts that HTC makes available, but it will certainly help over the stock 1850mAh that comes preloaded in the phone. One thing people tend to worry about with extendeds though, is the bulk they can add to the phone. We can safely say after looking at these pictures and video that one of our readers sent, that you won’t have to worry about Joe and Larry making fun of your “brick” at the bowling alley. This puppy still stays slim.
And yes, that is the phone with the extended battery installed:
nexus-extended4-650x543.jpg
Video evidence:

[video=youtube;6J34VPPXVlo]http://youtu.be/6J34VPPXVlo[/video]

Source

9wire

Reaction score
Bought mine with the extended battery this morning. They had it right on the shelf in the corporate store. Way too early to tell about battery life.

shamus

Reaction score
I also picked one up today but I'm going to get a feel for the stock battery before I use the extended.