Ex boyfriend reading texts remotely. How do I make it stop?

cjsmoove

Reaction score
on Kies Air you can lock whatever you don't want it to upload such as text, contacs, call log and such, you can have it only see pics and videos if need be.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You're right lmao... but I just don't like that "chance" that it could be exploited.. :p

Its a personal preference... like getting dated tech in a new phone(moto) which I seem to enjoy lmao

I see what you're saying, but I gotta agree with b here. Considering it can be disabled, frozen, and removed, on top of tons of privacy settings, I'd consider this nothing short of paranoia. Again I see where you're coming from, but I can guarantee if someone wanted to spy on you through your Razr or Bionic or anything...they could. Just sayin. S3 is an awesome phone. If you're just looking to switch for the hell of it, then fair enough. Otherwise...you're missing out :happy3:

Also I really hope the OP keeps us updated. I'd also like to know a) how she was able to find out he was reading them and b) what ultimately solved it. Best of luck, this must be a very scary situation to be in!!!

JFrawls

Reaction score
My ex boyfriend is reading my text messages nightly. What can I do to stop this? How did he even get the ability to read my text messages anyway?

I havent read all of the replies so sorry if this has already been stated.... but seriously if you want it to stop report him to the police! After that delete the source of his invasion of privacy

Use Avast - also if you're rooted LBE privacy to set permission for apps

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that would call the police and I don't know any police that would actually do anything about he said she said reading text messages... there's no way ur ex was some type of super hacker and u didn't know so delete any apps in the market and in ur app drawer... or factory reset ur phone or swap for a new phone.. and change ur number

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

deborahmm

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but I gotta agree with b here. Considering it can be disabled, frozen, and removed, on top of tons of privacy settings, I'd consider this nothing short of paranoia. Again I see where you're coming from, but I can guarantee if someone wanted to spy on you through your Razr or Bionic or anything...they could. Just sayin. S3 is an awesome phone. If you're just looking to switch for the hell of it, then fair enough. Otherwise...you're missing out :happy3:

Also I really hope the OP keeps us updated. I'd also like to know a) how she was able to find out he was reading them and b) what ultimately solved it. Best of luck, this must be a very scary situation to be in!!!

I found out because he said some things that I didn't say to anyone, except through text.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Do you have some kind of antivirus or anti malware installed?

Also, then not to offend, but it could be that whoever you texted could've passed this information somehow.

Sometimes it really is a simple reason.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I havent read all of the replies so sorry if this has already been stated.... but seriously if you want it to stop report him to the police! After that delete the source of his invasion of privacy

Use Avast - also if you're rooted LBE privacy to set permission for apps

I wouldn't hold your breath on the police doing anything useful. Even if you could prove that he is reading your messages which seems impossible besides the fact he knows things you have only said over text message. That is more he said she said stuff, best case a cop would write up a harassment report and never think about it again.

I would do as others suggested to nothing to aggravate this person and wipe your phone and look for a spyware app to do a scan afterword.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah i'd definitely try to find out if he can indeed see your texts, or if he's just being tipped off by a so called friend of yours.

Next... if its spyware... a factory data reset will not remove it... infact if this is on the phone, i'd be willing to be that you may not be able to do a factory data reset.. how do I know?? I spent 75$ and had my wife install a few of these apps on my bionic... after she installed one in particular... she had complete access and control over my phone... I did an fdr.. but the app didn't stop...

Also what the x is doing is illegal... but.... until you find the program, and even then, proving its him... these are horses of a different color.

Here's my thought... call vzw, explain the situation truthfully, having a police report would be helpful too. Get them to send you another device....

Idk what state you're in, but it is illegal in all states, to install apps like this on a phone that the person doesn't own...

Do you own your device??? Or does he?? We don't need to know... but it definitely has bearing on this situation...

Hope some of this helps.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wouldn't hold your breath on the police doing anything useful. Even if you could prove that he is reading your messages which seems impossible besides the fact he knows things you have only said over text message. That is more he said she said stuff, best case a cop would write up a harassment report and never think about it again.

I would do as others suggested to nothing to aggravate this person and wipe your phone and look for a spyware app to do a scan afterword.

Sound advice....

Oh FYI... the free scans for spyware were able to locate the app in most cases... BUT in 2 cases, the app was not found. One had password protect on it. :) good luck.