Everything you need for a trouble free factory reset CHECK-LIST

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I have a root Droid Razr and I'm thinking about resetting it cause lately I've been having a few minor (yet annoying) problems:

1) Sometimes my music will not play when headphones or bluetooth is plugged into my phone. My music will play (I can see the time of the song growing) but i will not hear anything until i unplug the headphones (any headphone jack) or disconnect BT... This is normally fixed with a full restart of the phone.

2) My accounts keep saying that the password and/or username is incorrect (all my accounts), but I assure you that everything is correct!! I type in the right info, but they still wont sync... (I've been using apps lately for my FB and twitter posting/browsing as a substitute)

So I'm thinking of doing a Factory Reset this weekend.
List of app I have that can help.
1) Titanium Backup Pro
2) Astro File Manager
3) Ginger unroot
4) Voodoo OTA root keeper

So here are steps that I'm going to take for the FR and I'll basically asking for EXPERIENCED verification that I'm doing everything needed as if you were in me shoes:
1) Back up my GO Launcher set up
2) Back up my downloaded apps with both Titanium and Astro (move all backups to SD card)
3) Use Voodoo root keeper to save my root
4) Use Ginger unroot to .... well... unroot
5) Delete all rooted apps (mainly safety-strap and SuperUser)
6) Complete factor reset
7) Use Voodoo OTA root keep to require root again
8) Restore/redownload Titanium and then my apps using TB
9) Restore Go Launcher settings
10) Relog into my accounts

Am I missing anything or is this everything?

Thanks in return.. I just like being organized and prepared.

eagle923

Reaction score
Sounds too complicated and it may be a few apps causing problems. I'd use MattLGroff's utility to reset to 2.3.6 factory fresh, re-root with the utility and install apps from Market/Amazon again.

No need to use Voodoo Rootkeeper and unroot ahead of time imo, the utility allows you to root easily.

Setup phone by hand and see if you run into the same problems.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Sounds too complicated and it may be a few apps causing problems. I'd use MattLGroff's utility to reset to 2.3.6 factory fresh, re-root with the utility and install apps from Market/Amazon again.

No need to use Voodoo Rootkeeper and unroot ahead of time imo, the utility allows you to root easily.

+1 with eagle923. In addition, using Matt Groff's utility to take your phone back to stock .173 will clear all cache and will insure you have a completely clean system. It will then be able to root using the same utility if you chose to do that. Go next door to the Razr Hacks section and look a the first sticky (I think it is the first one), you'll find the utility there.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score

So you're suggesting that I use the utility to start me all over and reinstall over 100 something apps (even though i could probably do without one or two lol) one by one style?
If so, can't I also use Titanium or Astro to download my apps one at a time (if i really have to do it that way. I'm lazy sometimes lol) instead of searching for them in the market again?? Forgive me if I'm missing something...
PS: I don't know anything about this utility (I know the risks of rooting) and I'm still a bit of a noob with the extra/hardcore stuff and lingo (never flashed a ROM, etc).. I barely remember how to root lol, thats why i mentioned voodoo root keeper.