everything works but the screen HELP PLS!

krys1o

Reaction score
Okay, Sorry if this post has been answered a million times by now. And I'm way behind the game by still having the droid1. I just recently actually got it turned back on and it's been working like a charm and them bam, all of the sudden the screen just stops working. I thought maybe it had some water damage due to a lot of rain we had here and did everything from tearing it apart and letting it dry out for a long period of time but none of my "water damage" buttons have changed colors or anything. So I'm really not thinking it was because of that, I'm thinking it possibly is the "backlight" thats burned out because I can still feel vibrations but that seems unsual because the phone has not been used that much. But the phone works, it will turn on and ring like recieving texts, phone calls, emails ect. The keyboard and soft keys light up along with the indicator light & when it's plugged in the white light comes on. But the screen will not come on. I've been looking for a replacement phone to possibly change the screens out without having to buy the replacement but haven't had the luck the come across any (if anyone possibly knows of the cheap parts of has them to spare youd be a blessing) but I have no idea how I can possibly do the "app back up" on my SD card or even how I can fix the phone. Like I said I just recently got this phone back and am trying to avoid the replacement if possible. I'm not sure what to do and I've tried everything :(:(.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Okay, Sorry if this post has been answered a million times by now. And I'm way behind the game by still having the droid1. I just recently actually got it turned back on and it's been working like a charm and them bam, all of the sudden the screen just stops working. I thought maybe it had some water damage due to a lot of rain we had here and did everything from tearing it apart and letting it dry out for a long period of time but none of my "water damage" buttons have changed colors or anything. So I'm really not thinking it was because of that, I'm thinking it possibly is the "backlight" thats burned out because I can still feel vibrations but that seems unsual because the phone has not been used that much. But the phone works, it will turn on and ring like recieving texts, phone calls, emails ect. The keyboard and soft keys light up along with the indicator light & when it's plugged in the white light comes on. But the screen will not come on. I've been looking for a replacement phone to possibly change the screens out without having to buy the replacement but haven't had the luck the come across any (if anyone possibly knows of the cheap parts of has them to spare youd be a blessing) but I have no idea how I can possibly do the "app back up" on my SD card or even how I can fix the phone. Like I said I just recently got this phone back and am trying to avoid the replacement if possible. I'm not sure what to do and I've tried everything :(:(.

I think u just have a broken phone...if ur with Verizon, and been in that contract for under a year, they might replace ur Droid with another refurbished-new Droid...happened to me twice

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk