Even Faster Charging With Qualcomm 3.0 Fast Charging

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Sep 15, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    [​IMG]

So you though Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 was fast?! You know, you were actually right. Being able to get 5 extra hours out of your phone with only 15 minutes of charging is pretty ridiculous. What if it could get even more ridiculous?! It looks like Qualcomm has just kicked it up one extra notch.

Qualcomm has introduced an all new technology labeled "Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage" INOV. This new tech uses an algorithm which allows devices to determine the level of power they request at any time for optimum power transfer. This means that your device will charge from 0%-80% in about 35 minutes! This is incredible. You can imagine that this will be featured in next years flagship devices. Who needs a removable battery once this becomes standard!?

via HighOnAndroid, Qualcomm

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Well, as these algorithms get more and more precise I expect that wall hugging will be a thing of the past. That's a good thing. I'm still going to say I'm somewhat skeptical that this won't have some long-term negative impact on the battery's lifespan, but it's getting to the point where it wouldn't really matter. 0% to 80% in 35 minutes mans even if the battery were damaged to the point where it will only take 80% of original rated capacity (technically end of life for Lithium cells), you would get a charge that's 64% of original rated capacity in 35 minutes. If original rated capacity is 48 hours as in the Droid Turbo then you'd have more than 30 hours of power after only 35 minutes charging.

At that point who cares if the battery capacity is diminished by QuickCharging?

3. eagle923

eagle923 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Although the quick charge is great, it still doesn't help for people who are not around outlets all day. People who do field work or work outside in general may not have access to charging areas. I multi-day backpack a lot and having a phone that lasts 6 hours will be completely useless since plugging into a bear's backside isn't going to help!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +909
    Portable chargers are great for those situations, and some include quick charging capabilities. They're on sale a lot through Amazon.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. eagle923

eagle923 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    When I'm backpacking, I want to carry as little extra weight as possible. A 5,000-10,000 mAH battery pack has all of the extra packaging, weight and bulk that I don't need. Plus its just one more thing to carry, charge and fiddle with :(

I miss my Moto Razr Maxx at times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    You aren't around current bushes? :p

I agree. When I'm hiking/backpacking, I want as little weight as possible. There is a reason my tent is under 3lbs and I carry as little as I can.

What happens when people do this quick charging 7 days a week for a year? Battery dead? Not a problem if you can swap the batteries out, like on my old Bionic. Some days I went with extended or if I was going out, I'd put the normal slim battery in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +138
    lol just imagine if this amount of money/effort/brain power/time went into make current batteries last worth a damn lol ;-)

8. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Exactly! This reminds me of movie "wild" if anyone has seen it lol.

9. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +611
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note8
    One of the Battery Killers I've seen is when its constantly looking for a Signal. But Have noticed that my Note 5 has been lasting the Day with a variety of use. If they could only may the Batteries a little larger it would be great.

10. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,480
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Battery tech seems like it is evolving slowly, but if you look at what Sammy and others are doing it is coming along quite nicely.

I agree too that they should just make them thicker. I don't mind a thicker, heavier phone for the obvious benefits it would provide.

11. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +909
    Eh, I tried.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

12. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,480
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    The external battery that I have (10,000mAH) is so light that I doubt you would notice the difference between it being in the backpack or not. It quick charges and fits in my front pocket.

Search tags for this page

apa itu fast charging

fast charging

fast charging adalah

faster charging

xt1060 quick charge