Even Faster Charging With Qualcomm 3.0 Fast Charging

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

So you though Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 was fast?! You know, you were actually right. Being able to get 5 extra hours out of your phone with only 15 minutes of charging is pretty ridiculous. What if it could get even more ridiculous?! It looks like Qualcomm has just kicked it up one extra notch.

Qualcomm has introduced an all new technology labeled "Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage" INOV. This new tech uses an algorithm which allows devices to determine the level of power they request at any time for optimum power transfer. This means that your device will charge from 0%-80% in about 35 minutes! This is incredible. You can imagine that this will be featured in next years flagship devices. Who needs a removable battery once this becomes standard!?

via HighOnAndroid, Qualcomm

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, as these algorithms get more and more precise I expect that wall hugging will be a thing of the past. That's a good thing. I'm still going to say I'm somewhat skeptical that this won't have some long-term negative impact on the battery's lifespan, but it's getting to the point where it wouldn't really matter. 0% to 80% in 35 minutes mans even if the battery were damaged to the point where it will only take 80% of original rated capacity (technically end of life for Lithium cells), you would get a charge that's 64% of original rated capacity in 35 minutes. If original rated capacity is 48 hours as in the Droid Turbo then you'd have more than 30 hours of power after only 35 minutes charging.

At that point who cares if the battery capacity is diminished by QuickCharging?

eagle923

Reaction score
Although the quick charge is great, it still doesn't help for people who are not around outlets all day. People who do field work or work outside in general may not have access to charging areas. I multi-day backpack a lot and having a phone that lasts 6 hours will be completely useless since plugging into a bear's backside isn't going to help!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Portable chargers are great for those situations, and some include quick charging capabilities. They're on sale a lot through Amazon.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

eagle923

Reaction score
When I'm backpacking, I want to carry as little extra weight as possible. A 5,000-10,000 mAH battery pack has all of the extra packaging, weight and bulk that I don't need. Plus its just one more thing to carry, charge and fiddle with :(

I miss my Moto Razr Maxx at times.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Although the quick charge is great, it still doesn't help for people who are not around outlets all day. People who do field work or work outside in general may not have access to charging areas. I multi-day backpack a lot and having a phone that lasts 6 hours will be completely useless since plugging into a bear's backside isn't going to help!
You aren't around current bushes? :p

I agree. When I'm hiking/backpacking, I want as little weight as possible. There is a reason my tent is under 3lbs and I carry as little as I can.

What happens when people do this quick charging 7 days a week for a year? Battery dead? Not a problem if you can swap the batteries out, like on my old Bionic. Some days I went with extended or if I was going out, I'd put the normal slim battery in.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
lol just imagine if this amount of money/effort/brain power/time went into make current batteries last worth a damn lol ;-)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
When I'm backpacking, I want to carry as little extra weight as possible. A 5,000-10,000 mAH battery pack has all of the extra packaging, weight and bulk that I don't need. Plus its just one more thing to carry, charge and fiddle with :(

Exactly! This reminds me of movie "wild" if anyone has seen it lol.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
One of the Battery Killers I've seen is when its constantly looking for a Signal. But Have noticed that my Note 5 has been lasting the Day with a variety of use. If they could only may the Batteries a little larger it would be great.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Battery tech seems like it is evolving slowly, but if you look at what Sammy and others are doing it is coming along quite nicely.

I agree too that they should just make them thicker. I don't mind a thicker, heavier phone for the obvious benefits it would provide.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Eh, I tried.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Eh, I tried.

The external battery that I have (10,000mAH) is so light that I doubt you would notice the difference between it being in the backpack or not. It quick charges and fits in my front pocket.

eagle923

Reaction score
Maybe I need to get a new one, my external battery is 10k and like a brick. I carry a 16 oz tarp, 15 oz pad and an 18 oz quilt as my "shelter" so ultralight is a big deal for me. No 3 lb (48oz!!) tents here.

But back to the topic at hand, the faster the charge the better I guess. I don't keep phones long enough to worry if the battery dies.