Eris Trouble

Newps

Reaction score
Wife's original Eris had the power button break. Replacement phone arrived yesterday. Here are the issues. Phone seems to lock up randomly for about a minute before freeing itself. When you hit the home button it will occasionally just scroll to far left screen and stay there. Wait a few seconds and hit home again and it will move over one screen to the right, wait a second or two and then go back to the far left screen.
Second issue hit the phone button and then hit call history button. History comes up for about two seconds and the slider bar goes to the far left. Tapping history button does nothing, it won't go back.
Third issue. With stock keyboard you end up typing words exactly backwards. The cursor goes left instead of right. Damndest thing you ever saw. Swype works normal.
Fourth. Random reboots. Set the phone down and look down a minute later and the droid guys are dancing as part of the soft reset start up.
Any ideas?

Asterisk

Reaction score
My girlfriends Eris did some of the things you are mentioning. Not all of them but the screening moving to the left by itself was the major one. I went to two different Verizon stores and one didn't help at all. All they did was put a task killer on her phone which didn't help. The other gave us a number to call and that helped more. We got a replacement phone and everything seems to be working just fine. You might have just gotten a bad phone. I would call back and let them know what is happening and see if you can get a new replacement phone. Also when I told the Verizon rep that other people have the same problem she looked it up in their servers and said there were no reports of the problem which is BS cause a quick internet search will prove that the problem is out there with the phone.

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
My wife took it to a Verizon store and they will next day air another one out. When she got back I installed Launcher Pro Beta on it. I use it on my Droid and love it. It seems to have solved all the issues on the Eris. She'll play with it the rest of the day and until the new one comes tomorrow and we'll keep the best performing one.