Droid goes black with car mount

gibberish

Reaction score
Anytime I am making a call with the droid mounted into the car mount the screen goes black and I have to either turn the volume up or down or hit the power button to get it back on. The problem is these two buttons are partly covered by the car mount so they are a pain to push.

Are there any settings or apps to turn the phone back on more easily then the power or volume button?

I've also run into the problem that if I do finally get the phone on during a call it goes black again within 3 seconds.

hacku

Reaction score
I just bought the car mount and I'm experiencing the same issue and looking for an answer. I think it has something to do with the proximity sensor but I'm not sure.

The other problem I'm having is that the screen still times out even when I have the phone in either Navigation or Map mode.

jasonb

Reaction score
Search the market for an app called "toggle sceen timeout". This will allow you to turn the screen timeout off or back on with the press of a button on one of your home screens. I use this app a lot with my car dock.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would recommend the app "Keep Screen". It's very simple. You select from a list of apps which ones you want to 'stay awake' when using.