Eris Ringtones

armac

Reaction score
Dang. Ringtones are making me crazy. I have downloaded ringtones to my Eris via the SD card. Out of the 5 that I downloaded, 1 worked when I saved it as a contact ringtone. Verizon said it was because I was using an outside source. So I download 4 ringtones, paying 3 bucks each from Verizon. They send them to be by picture message. After an hour, I figured out how to save them. They saved to the SD card . I opened one and made it my default ringtone. I made one a contact ringtone. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with Verizon. I hung up. The default worked great. The contact ringtone, although saved 2 different ways, not so good. when the contact calls, it still plays the default. I am so over this. Please someone help me. Because Verizon has no idea how to do this.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Outside source? not sure what they were talking about there. Usually you bring up the contact you want to have a different ring tone then click ringtone and pick whatever you want. If your problem is that the ringtone is not showing up in the list of tones then the alternative is to start the music app, find the ringtone in there, click menu and set at contact ringtone.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why are you buying ringtones from verizon? Download "Ringtones" from the market. My wife uses it on her eris, and you have the option to assign personal ringtones when you download them.