Emergency Contact on Lock Screen

casey719

Reaction score
Ok, so I wasn't able to locate another thread about this... basically when i turned my phone on the other day there was a "Please Contact: ......" on the lock screen. I guess its for when the phone is lost (although very few people would return a cell phone these days!) and I have tried every option and setting and can't seem to get rid of it. It wasnt there before, and personally I find it annoying... any suggestions? Thanks!

domnisoara

Reaction score
Ok, so I wasn't able to locate another thread about this... basically when i turned my phone on the other day there was a "Please Contact: ......" on the lock screen. I guess its for when the phone is lost (although very few people would return a cell phone these days!) and I have tried every option and setting and can't seem to get rid of it. It wasnt there before, and personally I find it annoying... any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you have antivirus free by droidSecurity Inc. installed? I (briefly) had it and it added that text to the lock screen. After I uninstalled the app I had to reboot to get rid of the text.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is so if EMT workers find you crumpled body they know who to call. It would be in your best interest to put something there. ;)

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I use a free app from the Market called "Contact Owner" from "Paranoid Android", does exactly what you are looking for.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No Emergency Contacts and Notes are built into some phones lock screen (like my Droid X) He is looking to get rid of them for some reason.

domnisoara

Reaction score
No Emergency Contacts and Notes are built into some phones lock screen (like my Droid X) He is looking to get rid of them for some reason.

I'm not saying they are a bad idea -- but when you install an antivirus program you don't expect it to add that to your lock screen. I was more annoyed by the surprise than the fact that it was there. :)

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One is there by default on a stock x if you use the pattern lock

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk