Screen unlock problem when call comes in

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Nedaroth, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Ok i can unlock the screen with one hand all day but when a phone call comes in the screen lock will not release and when it finaly does i miss the call. Help please
  2. Troy

Troy New Member

no probs here. I just put my thumb on the green dot and swipe it to the right. :)
  3. Phillip944

Phillip944 New Member

Is there any way to deactivate the lock?
  4. racklefratz

racklefratz New Member

+1 - exactly.
  5. garrett

garrett Active Member Theme Developer Developer

you dont need to unlock the phone to answer the phone.... when it rings just slide the green answer button and say hello.
  6. Phillip944

Phillip944 New Member

Actually, the slider is what I'd like to deactivate. It's annoying.
  7. PatG

PatG Member

I have had the same problem a couple of times. A call comes in, but I can not unlock the screen by sliding the lock from the left to the right. It just won't do it. I found out that if I press the toggle button on the top the screen lock will release. But I only tried that a couple of times, so I don't know if that will work every time either.
  8. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Thanks for response but i do know how to answer the phone, the problem being that sliding the green dot to the right will not answer the phone all the time for me and takes 7 or 8 swipes before it does, and by that time the caller hangs up.

UPDATE* The new firmware update has changed the screen you power on to so it may not be an issue anymore for some of us.
  9. Troy

Troy New Member

you might have to take the phone back in. I'd try a battery pull first though.
  10. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Thanks Troy i will give that a shot
  11. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

I have a pattern lock on mine and when a call comes in it goes right to the green dot / swipe to answer or ignore. No issues with this so far.

- Mega
  12. PatG

PatG Member

This may be a dumb question, but what is a pattern lock? I thought the Droid will always go to the slide (unlock) screen. Is that programmable?
  13. blueglacia

blueglacia New Member

I have the same problem. The unlock slide becomes sluggish only when the phone app is running (perhaps along with some others services) and refuse to slide all the way to the target green dot resulting in missed calls. The same problem continues during the call as well after screen goes blank after some time into the call and I have to unlock the phone before I can use the touchpad during the call. The sluggishness goes away when phone app is not running.

A solution I use for this problem is a free app called ScreenMode Widget I found at the market. It has three options:
    1: Sleep Auto
    2: Awake Stay
    3: Screen Stay

To change between them just click on the widget icon and it will cycle through the three. Option 1 keeps phone's default operation. Option 2 turns off the lock feature. The screen will go blank after set time, or when you hit the top power button. When you hit the power button again, screen returns to where you were without unlock. Option 3 keeps the screen on until you turn it off with the power button. I keep it on Option 2. The only thing I need to be careful with is to make sure I don't trigger the phone with volume locker or the camera button as I put the phone back in my belt holster (otherwise the screen will be on for the next two minutes wasting battery without my knowing about it).

I sure hope someone will fix this one of the two most annoying problems (the unlock slide and lack of bluetooth dialing capability) with Droid.
  14. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

You hit the nail right on the head with your description, i called verizon and the tech did not own a droid so he got one of his co workers who has one and had him call the droid to see if he himself would have the same issue trying to swipe the screen while call was comming in and low and behold he did.

Their final solution was just stick with it as it will become second nature to me. lmao

I think there are a number of droids out there that have this issue that affects the touch screen only during an incomming call and i say this as i have seen other threads about this same issue.

I do not have the other screen issue as stated above, the most i have to do is just wake it back up with tap of power button, but it has never gone back to the unlock screen position to access phone app again but it has done so on other apps. My wife has a big issue with that on her's.

I love my droid and will never give it up for this issue, but i do know moto could fix this with a better phone app. You should not need to swipe anything to answer a phone.
  15. Brianmac

Brianmac New Member

+1 here.

I doubt that Moto is going to change the swipe feature either. The swiping prevents accidentally answering the phone while your trying to get it out of whatever it's being stored in.
  16. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

Yeah, I hate the whole "swipe-to-answer" thingy. And "unlock-then-swipe-to-answer" which it occasionally does (like you said) is even worse. (And I have an unlock-pattern set, so that means it takes me even LONGER to unlock the phone before I can answer it, if it happens to be stuck in that mode.)

To get around those problems, I just use my Bluetooth headset for all calls -- pop the button on the headest, and it answers just fine, locked or not. Yes, you can't initiate an outgoing call with the BT, but you can sure answer all incoming calls. Never had one problem with that, so far.
  17. Jer

Jer New Member

Thanks for the description and I'm going to install this app to try it out. My issue is coming from a Blackberry 8900 I prefer the ability to push a single button on top of the phone to both lock/unlock and I'm off and running. In the year I used the 8900 I never once accidentally unlocked it so that's good enough for me to not need a second step to unlock and use the device. I have the swiping of the unlock as well as the answering of the phone so this sounds like it might be exactly what I was looking for for part of that so I'll give it a go.
  18. blueglacia

blueglacia New Member

After playing with the ScreenMod Widget for a while, I have to amend my previous comments. The ScreenMode widget works well except that when a call comes in, I still have to accept it (or reject it) by sliding the same unlock slide all the way to the right. I wish Motolola or Google would make the "accept" or "send to VM" as tap buttons, not a sliding lock. I really don't see a good solution to this yet.

It appears to me that although the phone app uses the same unlock slider design as the basis to accept or reject a call, there is something different in the way the code is run so the behavior of the same slider differs from general unlock to phone answer unlock action. I am waiting for the next OTA update. Droid still is an amazing phone.
  19. Jer

Jer New Member

I don't have a BT headset currently (well, can't find is a better descriptor) but I know with the Moto BT headsets I had in the past on Nokia phones a press of the button on the headset would trigger the voice dialing and a long press would automatically redial the last number called. This may or may not be useful for you as I know when I used it worked pretty well.
Search tags for this page
android after missed call screen is unlocked
answering calls unlocks screen
call missed call without unlock screen
droid phone call screen unlock
droid x2 screen when call comes in
everytime i press power to unlock screen call hangs up and m

htc one answering calls on a locked screen

htc one x won't dismiss phone calls from lock screen
i have a samsung galaxy s4 and when i'm on the phone the scr
is there a way to unlock your glaxay phone when your screen
my htc att aria wont slide to unlock screen