Emails stopped updating

Rae8

Reaction score
Hello -

I have droid razr maxx hd. I have it receiving emails from comcast and two live.com accounts. All were working before but now since last night, only getting emails forwarded to phone from comcast. The live.com accounts (which are the more important ones) stopped updating. It states on the menu, "last updated" with proper time but it isn't updating.
The last time this happened, I had to remove the accounts and then re-add them which is a hassle. Is there an easier way to do this, in settings somewhere or something?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

americandad

Reaction score
Did you just update to jellybean? Mine won't fetch mail after the update. I can manually refresh my email and it will load new mail, but it won't check on it's own.

turbodave

Reaction score
I can top that.... Mine will check email on its own IF I'm on a WIFI network, but will not check on its own if I'm on 4G.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Look around in the settings and make sure you don't have a "data saver" option checked. It prevents apps from syncing and updating while you are on mobile data so you don't go over your limit. It may be in "wireless & networks". Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

turbodave

Reaction score
I'm sure that may be the case, but I sure can't find the setting to adjust. :angry:

OP
R

Rae8

Reaction score
No, I haven't updated to jellybean yet. Not sure where to/how to/if should - do that.
I ended up removing the account and re-adding it and now it works again.

OP
R

Rae8

Reaction score
Will try this once i find that setting.

americandad

Reaction score
Look around in the settings and make sure you don't have a "data saver" option checked. It prevents apps from syncing and updating while you are on mobile data so you don't go over your limit. It may be in "wireless & networks". Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2
Every setting on my phone for data is enabled. Been through everything, it is not a setting within the phone, it has to be something with JB since it started right after the update. Going to stop by Verizon tomorrow time permitting. Doubt they can do anything though.