Email Popup

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded an app called called Email Popup When you get a new email using K-9 Mail it pops open a little window with the email for between 5 - 10 seconds. Concept is great but I find the popups dont last long enough to read them. But at the same time if I'm looking at the screen when one pops I dont have to go read the email. We should get this guy to develop something along these lines but better designed...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great

I extended it to 10 seconds which is good.

I also found out that it will pop up even if your phone is sleeping for the 5 or 10 second you have it set for. The popup looks like an SMS. Then it goes back to sleep.

Effectively it makes the Droid email more like the Blackberry which is great.

I just downloaded an app called called Email Popup When you get a new email using K-9 Mail it pops open a little window with the email for between 5 - 10 seconds. Concept is great but I find the popups dont last long enough to read them. But at the same time if I'm looking at the screen when one pops I dont have to go read the email. We should get this guy to develop something along these lines but better designed...

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I like it. I set mine to 10 sec and I think it works great. If im busy and email comes I can see real quick if it is important to read right then or if I can wait and read later when I have more time. Great app!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the issues the developer needs to resolve is that if you are in the Dock then it actually causes an error that you have to close. It should pop it up properly in Dock mode or not pop it up at all. I had to turn it off last night because it kept giving errors.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sent an email to the developer. This is a great app - having the actual email pop up when you get a new one is terrific.

He needs to fix the Dock issue and maybe give a few more options.