email notifications

tut

Reaction score
Received an update on my S3 and now notification sounds don't seem to be working on email......when try to go into settings for notification get a message "sorry email has stopped working"......won't let me get to the settings for notifications. Anyone having this problem. Notifications work fine for gmail and hangouts giving me a sound but email does not give notification sound ? Suggestions ??

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with not being able to get into settings but otherwise no other issues so I've been ignoring it. :biggrin:

dasanman69

Reaction score
Received an update on my S3 and now notification sounds don't seem to be working on email......when try to go into settings for notification get a message "sorry email has stopped working"......won't let me get to the settings for notifications. Anyone having this problem. Notifications work fine for gmail and hangouts giving me a sound but email does not give notification sound ? Suggestions ??

Try wiping the data of just the email app from the settings menu.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Gmail and do not have any issues. I also just added an account to the stock email app and it works as advertised. You might want to try force stop, clear cache and restart. If that doesn't work, try clearing data. Still no luck, try uninstalling, reinstalling.