Email no longer pushing after GB update

fisterkev

Reaction score
After updating to GB w/ the OTA my email is no longer pushing to the phone. I've gone into email settings and set it to push but it still doesn't work. This on top of the LED nerfing is pretty annoying.

Anyone else had this happen or have any ideas on it? Thanks.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
What battery saver mode are you using? By default it stops syncing in "off peak hours".

OP
F

fisterkev

Reaction score
Nighttime saver, so it should be pushing during daytime...

brendap

Reaction score
After updating to GB w/ the OTA my email is no longer pushing to the phone. I've gone into email settings and set it to push but it still doesn't work. This on top of the LED nerfing is pretty annoying.

Anyone else had this happen or have any ideas on it? Thanks.

I am having the same problem. Also using Nighttime saver. Plus, because I have to manually retrieve my messages, the notification light and status bar mail icon doesn't display until AFTER I have manually pulled up my mail - which of course serves no purpose at that point.

kapeman

Reaction score
What client are you experiencing this on?

I have the same issues with Gmail.

Most of the attention seems to have been going to Exchange users.

brendap

Reaction score
What client are you experiencing this on?

I have the same issues with Gmail.

Most of the attention seems to have been going to Exchange users.

I am using AOL as my default email, and that is where I have to manually retrieve my email and I am not getting any notifications.

I also use gmail and that is working fine. Notifications are working and mail is always right there. This problem started on June 14, 2011 when I had a software update on my Droid X.

OP
F

fisterkev

Reaction score
As a follow up, I installed Lightflow to regulate the LED notifications (which had also stopped like many others reported) and simply removed and then re-added my Yahoo mail accounts, and everything seems to be working again.

It seems everything was screwy for about a week or so but everything seems sorted out now. My battery life is *much* better now, too, though I know others are reporting issues.

Reaction score
I was having this issue end with my gmail. My exchange email worked but not the gmail. I tried everything but finally just downloaded K9 mail from the market and use that. It is actually much better than the stock app anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lemodular

Reaction score
My Yahoo mail stopped pushing after the update (Gmail is fine) so I deleted the account and re-added it. That seemed to work for a couple of weeks but now it stopped pushing and I can not even refresh it manually. Before total failure, I was getting "Server certificate errors". I am hoping to find a solution without having to install a Yahoo mobile app or other 3rd party app.

kapeman

Reaction score
This is the only major problem I have with the update and it seems like others are experiencing it too.

Will we have to wait for the next major update to get some relief?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
All of you, make sure your auto-sync is on. Easiest way to check is to add the power control widget to your home screen, then make sure the two arrows in a circle are on. This should fix it if is Gmail. If it is within the stock email app, you might want to check the email settings.

kapeman

Reaction score
All of you, make sure your auto-sync is on. Easiest way to check is to add the power control widget to your home screen, then make sure the two arrows in a circle are on. This should fix it if is Gmail. If it is within the stock email app, you might want to check the email settings.

Holy crap!

That was my issue. Thanks.

I never knew what that particular icon meant until now.