Email Contact(s)

jmill

Reaction score
Did a search, but nothing really came up for my question, so here goes. When I bought my Droid 2, I had my contacts sync'd over along w/ some contact emails address'.. Now when I go to my contacts and choose someone that has a stored email in thier profile. It goes to the the email page then says your contact not recognize, and I can only text them. I can however manually put thier email address in, but not direct from my contact profiles.

How do I get my contacts pages to work w/ email? BTW my account is Gmail..

OP
J

jmill

Reaction score
The Verizon Sales guy did the sync, and I do have a existing Gmail address book. They all switched over to the phone (all my email contacts), but when I go to any of my profiles that have an email address from my Gmail, it will not let me email them. Only if I back out, and go straight to the gmail Apps and manually put the address in.

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
Hmmmm. When I browse my contacts and bring up a person that was imported from Gmail, it lists their email address above "Linked Profiles." If I tap on the email address (which shows a picture of a stamp with the "@" symbol inside), a box pops up and asks me how I want to use that email address. My options are: "Compose" - which prompts me up to send an email from my Gmail account, and "Email" which prompts me to send an email from my other configured email account.

As for the "Linked Profiles" - I'm not exactly sure what this is for. Under the same contact it displays that person's Facebook & Google name. I think it's telling me that the information for that contact was pulled from my Google contacts, as well as my Facebook contacts. So, the "linked profile" section is apparently useless and is only good for explaining where the contact information is sourced from.

Hope that helps ....

The Verizon Sales guy did the sync, and I do have a existing Gmail address book. They all switched over to the phone (all my email contacts), but when I go to any of my profiles that have an email address from my Gmail, it will not let me email them. Only if I back out, and go straight to the gmail Apps and manually put the address in.

OP
J

jmill

Reaction score
Hmmmm. When I browse my contacts and bring up a person that was imported from Gmail, it lists their email address above "Linked Profiles." If I tap on the email address (which shows a picture of a stamp with the "@" symbol inside), a box pops up and asks me how I want to use that email address. My options are: "Compose" - which prompts me up to send an email from my Gmail account, and "Email" which prompts me to send an email from my other configured email account.

Yeah, I do the samething, but it says "cannot find any email accounts configured on this account", then has an icon for text messaging only. Is there a way to find out or perform a configuration? I checked setting and nothing that I can see.

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
Well, under contact settings, I did see that you can choose which profile groups are being presented. Make sure that it says to present "all groups".

It sounds as if, for some reason, you are either:
(1) not seeing your imported google contacts, which would have contained email addresses.

(2) that the "sync" performed at the store didn't transfer your former email addresses that were on your previous phone.

When he booted the phone did he have you enter your gmail account information as well? That should have synced your phone properly.
:icon_ banana:

Yeah, I do the samething, but it says "cannot find any email accounts configured on this account", then has an icon for text messaging only. Is there a way to find out or perform a configuration? I checked setting and nothing that I can see.

OP
J

jmill

Reaction score
The account Gmail was entered in on first boot up. I'll mess around on the phone, and see what I find. Thanks for the help!

DayDay

Reaction score
Unfortunately... Restore the phone, this is a basic feature it should be able to do. (after you back everything up!) Seen sync options disappearing and similar stuff related to email, a good restore usually solves the issue.