Droid 2 hotmail/gmail contacts

kildonan500

Reaction score
Hello, I did a search for this question but could not find exactly what I want to do (forgive me if its out there already).

I have 500 email contacts in my windows live (hotmail account) on my computer. I dont see that contact list when i compose an email from my hotmail account on my droid 2. So thats one thing.

So instead of trying to figure out why, I was going to export that list into csv and then add it to my google account and do a sync... BUT I dont want 500 new contacts showing up in my phone book (I simply want emails for people to populate when I type their name when Im composing an email... gmail or hotmail, it doesnt matter, though I prefer hotmail for now, gmail in the future). is that possible?

event121

Reaction score
Hello, I did a search for this question but could not find exactly what I want to do (forgive me if its out there already).

I have 500 email contacts in my windows live (hotmail account) on my computer. I dont see that contact list when i compose an email from my hotmail account on my droid 2. So thats one thing.

So instead of trying to figure out why, I was going to export that list into csv and then add it to my google account and do a sync... BUT I dont want 500 new contacts showing up in my phone book (I simply want emails for people to populate when I type their name when Im composing an email... gmail or hotmail, it doesnt matter, though I prefer hotmail for now, gmail in the future). is that possible?

Switch to Gmail asap.
I have email only contacts and phone contacts and only my phone contacts sync.
Otherwise, I'd recommend looking for an application that will work with Hotmail better than the built in email app (it doesn't delete from server).
Actually, that's what I'm hunting for now.

EDIT: Found this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/76104-hotmail-android-finally-good-way.html
But I don't think that's what you wanted. I have it set only to sync email. The thread does mention that Hotmail through the browser works similar to the website version on a PC.

Last edited:
OP
K

kildonan500

Reaction score
gmail

so then you have two contact lists setup in your gmail? im thinking of switching over but like having offline email (windows live). I understand google has google gears for checking email offline but i havent tried that yet, let me know if you have and what you think.