Email and SMS Question

Sunshine111

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Droid and so far love the Pro except for two things. For one, I have my AOL email set to sync every 30 minutes. I'll get the notification, read the email, and then when it resyncs again, it tells me I have new messages all over again. Do I actually have to clear the messages on my desktop for them to mark as read on the phone? It seems kind of stupid to say I have 20 new messages when I just read 19 of them. I've tried going through options but there is only one to mark as unread.

Secondly, the SMS bubbles. My husband has an original Droid and his text messages list nice and simply on the screen. Any way to turn those bubbles off?

As a random aside, the "In Case of Emergency" contact on the top of the contacts list? How come that can't be hidden?

Otherwise, it's a great phone. I'm coming from a Motorola Q9 which I have absolutely loved so it's hard to transition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. The email situation you describe seems odd. Check the sync and email app settings.

Try the Handcent messaging app. It allow you to customize the appearance of your screen.

Not sure about the emergency question

Mike

livspop

Reaction score
I was using handcent but every time I sent a pic message it was sending two - one from the native messenging app and one from handcent. I unchecked everything I could in the native app but it did it every time. What am I missing?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I use Handcent. I disabled the notifications in the stock app. I thought there was a setting to make Handcent the primary but I'm not able to locate so I may be wrong.

livspop

Reaction score
You're not getting double Mom messages when you send tho?

livspop

Reaction score
Mms messages...